14) In a period of rising sales utilizing past cost and expense ratios (percent-of-sales method), when preparing pro forma financial statements and planning financing, will tend to
A) understate retained earnings and understate the additional financing needed.
B) overstate retained earnings and overstate the additional financing needed.
C) understate retained earnings and overstate the financing needed.
D) overstate retained earnings and understate the financing needed.
19) The ________ rate of interest is typically the required rate of return on a three-month U.S. Treasury bill.
20) The cost of long-term debt generally ________ that of short-term debt.
A) is less than
B) is equal to
C) is greater than
D) has no relation to
21) If a bond pays $1,000 plus interest at maturity, $1,000 is called the
A) stated value.
B) market value.
C) par value.
D) long-term value.
23) ________ became popular vehicle used to finance mergers and takeovers during the 1980s.
A) Income bonds
B) Junk bonds
C) Floating rate bonds
D) Convertible debentures
24) An instrument that give their holders the right to purchase a certain number of shares of the firm’s common stock at a specified price over a certain period of time is called
A) stock purchase warrants.
B) call feature.
C) conversion feature.
D) none of the above.
25) A ________ bond generally has an interest rate that is higher than a similar risk ________ bonds, and a ________ bond generally has an interest rate that is lower than a similar risk ________ bond.
A) callable; non-callable; convertible; non-convertible
B) convertible; non-convertible; callable; non-callable
C) convertible; callable; non-convertible; non-callable
D) callable; non-callable; non-convertible; convertible
26) Bonds are
A) a series of short-term debt instruments.
B) a form of equity financing that pays interest.
C) long-term debt instruments.
D) a hybrid form of financing used to raise large sums of money from a diverse group of lenders.
27) Another term sometimes applied to a common shareholder is a
A) fundamental or basic owner of the firm.
B) residual owner of the firm.
C) net owner of the firm.
D) reciprocal owner of the firm.
28) ________ is hired by a firm to find prospective buyers for its new stock or bond issue.
A) A securities analyst
B) A trust officer
C) A commercial loan officer
29) Identify whether the key characteristic describes common stock (CS) or preferred stock (PS).
_____ 1. Source of financing which places minimum constraints on the firm.
_____ 2. Used often in mergers.
_____ 3. Potential dilution of earnings and voting power.
_____ 4. Fixed financial obligation.
_____ 5. Increases the firm’s borrowing power.
_____ 6. May have cumulative and participating features.
_____ 7. May be convertible into another type of security.
_____ 8. Last to receive earnings or distribution of assets in the event of bankruptcy.
_____ 9. Frequently includes a call feature.
30) In the Gordon model, the value of the common stock is the
A) net value of all assets which are liquidated for their exact accounting value.
B) actual amount each common stockholder would expect to receive if the firm’s assets are sold, creditors and preferred stockholders are repaid, and any remaining money is divided among the common stockholders.
C) present value of a non-growing dividend stream.
D) present value of a constant, growing dividend stream
31) If expected return is less than required return on an asset, rational investors will
A) buy the asset, which will drive the price up and cause expected return to reach the level of the required return.
B) sell the asset, which will drive the price down and cause the expected return to reach the level of the required return.
C) sell the asset, which will drive the price up and cause the expected return to reach the level of the required return.
D) buy the asset, since price is expected to increase.
32) ________ is the chance of loss or the variability of returns associated with a given asset.
33) Risk aversion is the behavior exhibited by managers who require a (n)
A) increase in return, for a given decrease in risk.
B) increase in return, for a given increase in risk.
C) decrease in return, for a given increase in risk.
D) decrease in return, for a given decrease in risk.
34) The ________ of an event occurring is the percentage chance of a given outcome.
B) standard deviation
35) The ________ measures the dispersion around the expected value.
A) coefficient of variation
B) chi square
D) standard deviation
36) The goal of an efficient portfolio is to
A) maximize risk for a given level of return.
B) maximize risk in order to maximize profit.
C) minimize profit in order to minimize risk.
D) minimize risk for a given level of return.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more