1. (TCO D) A stock just paid a dividend of D0 = $1.50. The required rate of return is rs = 10.1%, and the constant growth rate is g = 4.0%. What is the current stock price? (Points : 10)
2. (TCO D) If D0 = $2.25, g (which is constant) = 3.5%, and P0 = $50, what is the stock’s expected dividend yield for the coming year? (Points : 10)
3. (TCO D) Rebello’s preferred stock pays a dividend of $1.00 per quarter, and it sells for $55.00 per share. What is its effective annual (not nominal) rate of return? (Points : 10)
4. (TCO E) Bankston Corporation forecasts that if all of its existing financial policies are followed, its proposed capital budget would be so large that it would have to issue new common stock. Since new stock has a higher cost than retained earnings, Bankston would like to avoid issuing new stock. Which of the following actions would REDUCE its need to issue new common stock? (Points : 10)
Increase the dividend payout ratio for the upcoming year.
Increase the percentage of debt in the target capital structure.
Increase the proposed capital budget.
Reduce the amount of short-term bank debt in order to increase the current ratio.
Reduce the percentage of debt in the target capital structure.
5. (TCO E) The MacMillen Company has equal amounts of low-risk, average-risk, and high-risk projects. The firm’s overall WACC is 12%. The CFO believes that this is the correct WACC for the company’s average-risk projects, but that a lower rate should be used for lower-risk projects and a higher rate for higher-risk projects. The CEO disagrees, on the grounds that even though projects have different risks, the WACC used to evaluate each project should be the same because the company obtains capital for all projects from the same sources. If the CEO’s position is accepted, what is likely to happen over time? (Points : 10)
The company will take on too many high-risk projects and reject too many low-risk projects.
The company will take on too many low-risk projects and reject too many high-risk projects.
Things will generally even out over time, and, therefore, the firm’s risk should remain constant over time.
The company’s overall WACC should decrease over time because its stock price should be increasing.
The CEO’s recommendation would maximize the firm’s intrinsic value.
6. (TCO D) Butcher Timber Company hired your consulting firm to help them estimate the cost of common equity. The yield on the firm’s bonds is 8.75%, and your firm’s economists believe that the cost of common can be estimated using a risk premium of 3.85% over a firm’s own cost of debt. What is an estimate of the firm’s cost of common from retained earnings? (Points : 10)
7. (TCO F) Cornell Enterprises is considering a project that has the following cash flow and WACC data. What is the project’s NPV? Note that a project’s expected NPV can be negative, in which case it will be rejected.
Year 0 1 2 3
Cash flows -$1,050 $450 $460 $470 (Points : 10)
8. (TCO F) Maxwell Feed & Seed is considering a project that has the following cash flow data. What is the project’s IRR? Note that a project’s IRR can be less than the WACC (and even negative), in which case it will be rejected.
Year 0 1 2 3 4 5
Cash flows -$9,500 $2,000 $2,025 $2,050 $2,075 $2,100 (Points : 10)
9. (TCO F) Masulis Inc. is considering a project that has the following cash flow and WACC data. What is the project’s discounted payback?
Year 0 1 2 3 4
Cash flows -$950 $525 $485 $445 $405 (Points : 10)
10. (TCO H) Temple Corp. is considering a new project whose data are shown below. The equipment that would be used has a three-year tax life, would be depreciated by the straight-line method over its three-year life, and would have a zero salvage value. No new working capital would be required. Revenues and other operating costs are expected to be constant over the project’s three-year life. What is the project’s NPV?
Net investment cost (depreciable basis)
Straight-line deprec. rate
Sales revenues, each year
Operating costs (excl. deprec.), each year
Tax rate 10.0%
Indicate your choice for your answer – a,b,c,d,e first and then show your work/explain your answer so as to earn partial credit in the event you selected the incorrect answer.
Should be in excel
o 16-1 Cash Management
o 16-2 Receivables Investment
o 16-3 Cost of Trade Credit
o 16-4 Cost of Trade Credit
o 16-5 Accounts Payable
Williams & Sons last year reported sales of $10 million and an inventory turnover ratio of 2. The company is now adopting a new inventory system. If the new system is able to reduce the firm’s inventory level and increase the firm’s inventory turnover ratio to 5 while maintaining the same level of sales, how much cash will be freed up?
Medwig Corporation has a DSO of 17 days. The company averages $3,500 in credit sales each day. What is the company’s average accounts receivable?
Cost of Trade Credit
What is the nominal and effective cost of trade credit under the credit terms of 3/15, net 30?
Cost of Trade Credit
A large retailer obtains merchandise under the credit terms of 1/15, net 45, but routinely takes 60 days to pay its bills. (Because the retailer is an important customer, suppliers allow the firm to stretch its credit terms.) What is the retailer’s effective cost of trade credit?
A chain of appliance stores, APP Corporation, purchases inventory with a net price of $500,000 each day. The company purchases the inventory under the credit terms of 2/15, net 40. APP always takes the discount but takes the full 15 days to pay its bills. What is the average accounts payable for APP?
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more