Compare your food intake against your USDA standard using the USDA MyPyramid Menu Planner.
(If you deem the information needed for this assignment to be personal, you can develop a reference individual.)
1. Type a list of foods you consume in a typical day/24 hours. List the specific name of the food consumed (i.e. ground beef, carrots, milk) and the amount consumed. There are no foods called meat, fruits, or vegetables.
Guidelines for portion sizes you can use as references:
½ cup is about 1 handful, 1 cup is about 2 handfuls
1 soda can is 12 ounces
1 teaspoon is about the size of your pinkie finger
1 tablespoon is about the size of your thumb
3 ounces of meat/fish/poultry is about the size of a deck of cards
1 ounce of cheese is about the size of a computer disc
2. Go to http://www.choosemyplate.gov/supertracker-tools/supertracker.html. You can register at any time by clicking on the ‘Register’ tab at the top of the page if you want to save your information and access it later.
A. Enter your: name, age, gender, weight, height and physical activity level. Then, click submit.
B. Enter the foods from your list of foods eaten in one 24 hour period.
Under “Start Menu Planning”:Type the name of the first food from your list. Then, click search
Click on the food from the list. (Click on Search Hint if you cannot find your food)
C. Choose the amount consumed, the No. of servings, the portion size, & the meal, & click add.
Repeat the process until all the foods have been entered for the day.
3. Answer the following questions
1. How many calories were recommended?
2. How many calories were actually consumed?
3. How many calories were recommended for “extra”
4. How many calories were “actual” in extra
4. Fill out the following chart concerning your “MyPyramid”.
Food Group Recommended Actual Approximate % Consumed
Ounces of grains
Cups of vegetables
Cups of fruits
Cups of milk
Cups of meat/beans
5. Click on Reports (at top of screen)
In Daily Menu box – click Go Now
Which food groups had “low status”
Name of Food Group with low status Name of actual food that could be added to improve the status
6. What was your intake of Sat (Saturated) Fats?
7. What was the limit of Sat fats?
Click “My Next Step” Select an area you would like to improve as your “Next Step”.
8. Name of area selected:
9. Click on “Next” box. What two steps could you implement to make a change?
Click Next; Click “Reports”, Click “Food Details” on Reports Page. Click “Go Now”
10. Which food that you ate had the most calories? Name of Food
11. Which food had the most saturated fat? Name of Food
Grams of saturated fat
12. What was one food you ate that was a whole grain? If none, type none. Name of Food
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more