This assignment calls for you to read the article in its entirety and answer the questions fully in complete sentences. This assignment also calls for you tolocate and attach the two page slipopinion of the case. The second part of the assignment requires you to locate the actual case and brief the case.
In writing your answers to the questions, first write the question and follow with the answer. I am including the following example for you to copy.
1. Under what two circumstances does Gant limit Fourth Amendment search authority of the police?
Answer: The two circumstances are …………
Page two begins the list of questions for this assignment. All questions must be answered using the article as the authority for your answer.
Arizona v. Gant
1. Under what two (2) circumstances does Gant limit Fourth Amendment search authority of the police?
2. Why was Rodney Grant arrested?
3. Where was Gant when police searched his vehicle and found cocaine?
4. Under what constitutional amendment did Gant base his appeal?
5. What was the decision of the Arizona Supreme Court?
6. Why did the search of Gant’s vehicle violate the Fourth Amendment?
7. What does the Supreme Court say about searches conducted without a warrant?
8. How is the first prong of the holding in Gant tethered to the Court’s decision in Chimel v. California?
9. What conduct by the police is prohibitive regarding the first prong of Gant?
10. If one occupant of a vehicle is arrested and the vehicle contains other occupants, is it permissible for the police to search the passenger compartment of the vehicle? What case is cited and what Court rendered the decision in this example?
11. What was the interpretation of Gant in Boykins v. State?
12. How was Boykins distinguished from Gant?
13. What did the Third Circuit Court of Appeals hold in States v. Shakir?
14. Why did the Court refuse to suppress evidence found in a bag in the Shakir case? What was the evidence?
15. How is Shakir distinguished from Gant?
16. From the various decisions involving the first prong of the Gant test, what must the police officer articulate regarding the first prong of the Gant test?
17. What does the second prong of the Gant test permit?
18. What does the Court say about relevant evidence in relationship to an occupant of a motor vehicle arrested for a traffic offense?
19. What are the two ways in which most courts determine” reasonable to believe”?
20. What does the Court say about “reasonable to believe” in relationship to “probable cause”?(2)
21. What did the D.C. Court of Appeals presume in Unites States v. Vinton?
22. What did the Supreme Court of Colorado conclude about the “reasonable to believe” standard?
23. What offenses generally fall outside of the second prong of the Gant test?
24. What offenses generally give justification to a search under the second prong of Gant?
25. What is the best procedure to utilize to conduct a search of a passenger compartment of a motor vehicle?
ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS. DO NOT FORGET THE BRIEF.
Other Requirements for the assignment:
1. Use the Narrow Margin
2. Use the same heading format that you use for the homework. The assignment is Arizona v. Gant.
3. Use double spacing throughout the assignment except for the heading. The heading should be single spaced.
4. Locate and attach the two page slip opinion of the case.
3. Due Date – December 1, 2015
Grading for this assignment
1. Each satisfactory completed answer is worth 2 points – x 25 = 50 points.
2. Case Brief = 25 points
3. Two Page Slip Opinion = 15 points
4. Maximum Point Value = 90 points
INSTRUCTIONS ATTACHED !
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more