CHAPTER 7 EOC:
Miche Bag Goes From Idea to Worldwide Success
1. Assess Corbin Church’s plan for selling Miche bags. How was changing his approach from franchising to a direct sales home party approach a more effective strategic plan?
2. Would you characterize Corbin Church’s sales method a standing plan or a single use plan? Why?
3. As the economy improves, should Corbin Church change his plan? In other words, should he consider going back to a franchise model of sales rather than the direct sales home party method he’s currently using?
1. Why would a company ever give any of its products away for free?
2. How does Management by Objectives impact Kaneva’s planning process? Describe why Kaneva’s daily meeting is a stand-up meeting.
3. At the end of the video, CEO Chris Klaus says that Kaneva employees can spend 20 percent of their time on projects outside of the scope of the “roadmap.” What does this mean? Do you approve or disapprove?
CHAPTER 8 EOC:
HP’s Tough Decisions
1. What do you think about Meg Whitman’s decision to keep the PC business at HP? Would you have made the same decision?
2. Using the rational decision making process, evaluate Whitman’s decision. In other words, what was the existing problem, what were the possible alternatives, etc.?
3. How would you characterize the scope of Whitman’s decision? What levels of management were affected? Finally, should Whitman have used consensus in making her choice? Why or why not?
1. Using information provided in the video, give examples of both programmed and non-programmed decisions made by the leaders of Southwest Airlines.
2. Are decisions made by Southwest primarily done so under conditions of risk, uncertainty, or both? Explain your answer.
3. Explain how the rational decision making process was applied to solve a problem at Southwest Airlines.
b. Antioch College’s No-Tuition Strategy
1. Assess Antioch College’s mission statement as it appears above. What is good about this mission and what would you change?
2. What do you think about Antioch College’s no-tuition strategy? Is it sustainable for its first four years? What challenges do you see for the college?
3. What kind of internal and external environment currently exists for Antioch College?
4. Based on what you read here, conduct a brief SWOT analysis of Antioch College.
1. Do the special advantages of having a restaurant on a truck outweigh the disadvantages for the owners of Nom Nom? Explain.
2. What was the strategy of Stankunas and the other owners of Nom Nom when they began the venture? How has this strategy changed or evolved?
3. How does owner David Stankunas feel about planning a business? What advice does he give for would-be entrepreneurs?
CH 10 EOC:
1. Does it seem reasonable that Sherilyn McCoy and Andrea Jung before her were attempting to organize Avon to make it more competitive? Explain.
2. List five questions that McCoy should ask herself in exploring how to best organize Avon.
3. Explain why it would be important for McCoy to ask each of the questions you listed.
b. How 3M is Departmentalized
1. Do you feel that a product departmentalization structure is best for 3M? Why or why not?
2. What challenges do you envision for Buckley in attempting to maintain his current organizational structure?
3. Based on 3M’s departmentalization, do you think it has a very tall organization chart or a very short organizational chart? Why?
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more