By submitting this assignment for credit, you are affirming that you have completed the answers yourself to the best of your ability, that you have used your own words to answer the questions and have not engaged in any acts of academic dishonesty to answer the questions below. Acts of academic dishonesty include submitting these questions to any online website or service in order to obtain the answers as well as obtaining the help of any other individual for the purpose of answering the questions.
Experiment 1: Following Chromosomal DNA Movement through Meiosis
Part 1 – Meiotic Division Bead Pictures without Crossing Over – You must provide pictures of your bead manipulations at each stage.
Part 2: Meiotic Division Beads Diagram with Crossing Over – You must provide pictures of your bead manipulations at each stage.
1. Were any of your daughter cells genetically identical at the end of Part I above? What about Part II? What does this tell you about the importance of crossing over?
2. What must occur during interphase for meiosis to be successful?
3. When does the diploid number become haploid during meiosis?
4. Why did you use non-sister chromatids to demonstrate crossing over?
5. What combinations of alleles could result from a crossover between a chromosome having genes BD and a chromosome having genes bd?
6. Blue whales have 44 chromosomes in every cell. Determine how many chromosomes you would expect to find in the following:
Daughter Cell from Meiosis I:
Daughter Cell from Meiosis II:
7. What is the difference between a chromosomal mutation and a gene mutation?
Experiment 2: The Importance of Cell Cycle Control
Data – Enter your karyotype abnormalities below. Explain the abnormality in terms of chromosome number and structure. Do not post pictures of the karyotypes themselves.
1. What is your hypothesis as to what differences you might observe when comparing the karyotypes of human cells which experience normal cell cycle control versus cancerous cells (which experience abnormal, or a lack of, cell cycle control)?
2. Did your results confirm or disprove your hypothesis? Why or why not? Be specific!
3. Suppose a person developed a mutation in a skin cell which results in cancer, but the cancer was effectively treated with a cocktail of cancer-fighting techniques. Is it possible for this person’s offspring to inherit this cancer-causing mutation? Why or why not? Be specific!
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more