Response Paper #3: Grassroots Organizing
For our last response paper, you are to write 4-5 pages that demonstrate your knowledge of key concepts from the grassroots organizing section of our course. In this section, we have discussed how organizing is a verb, a collective process that brings a diverse range of ideas and people together to challenge dominant systems of power and rearticulate visions of more just and equitable futures. For this paper, you are to choose an issue you care about and research at leastone grassroots organizing effort that addresses this issue. Using course terms and ideas, you are to describe (1) how the grassroots organizing effort articulates the problem they are addressing, (2) wherethey have identified one (or more) points of intervention into that problem, and (3) whatactions they are taking to organize to achieve their future-oriented goals and with whomare they building collective capacity.
Format and Requirements:
· 4-5 pages, Times New Roman, 12-point font, 1-inch margins.
· Cite at least 3 credible, outside sourcesthat describe the issue and grassroots organizing effort.
· Cite at least 2 course readings from the Grassroots Organizing section of our course.
· Apply at least 2 key terms from our course, defining them in the reading.
· APA citations (in-text & reference section; no cover page or abstract needed).
1. Choose:Identify an issue you care about and briefly describe why you care about this issue and what motivated you to write about it.
2. Research:Research contemporary and historical grassroots organizing efforts, social movements, or coalitions working to address the issue you care about. Having trouble? Start local. How does the issue affect people in your immediate and surrounding community? You don’t have to, but you might begin your research process here. Make sure you are paying attention to the structure of the organizing effort, so you can refrain from locating a professional or non-profit organization. Sometimes the categorization between non-profit & grassroots group is blurred, so you’ll need to research further and account for these organizational relationships.
3. Articulating Problems:Once you have identified your grassroots organizing effort, start to pay attention to the specific words and phrases they use to describe the problemthey would like to address or see change. How do they diagnose the problem communicatively? Was there a particular mobilizing event that sparked the effort? Describe how they articulate the problems and what you find significant about it.
4. Identifying Where to Intervene:Using research, can you identify any goals or visions for the future that the movement narrates? You might analyze specific words or demands that you can find, or look at their slogans, symbolism, platform, policy, or campaign discourses. Describe if/where they have located at least one demand or goal they are working to achieve.
5. Building Collective Capacity:What specifically does the effort do to cultivate collective capacity to act? Who are they mobilizing with and what actions are they taking? Here you might revisit some of our readings on various forms of collective action to assist with this section (e.g. popular education, protesting, engaging in public performances, striking/boycotting, sharing stories, building relationships, organizing local campaigns, sharing resources, etc.)
6. Conclusion:Briefly conclude with some take-aways about what you learned and its significance.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more