Community health nurses practice in a variety of settings. The purpose of this paper is to describe the community setting and analyze the role of a nurse in the assigned setting. Health promotion nursing interventions and a professional nursing organization related to this role will also be examined.
The topic for this paper is the role of a nurse in a faith community setting.
Watch the tutorial on tips for completing the Community Settings and Community Health Nursing Roles assignment.
This APA paper is expected to be no more than four pages in length (not including the title page and reference list). Below are the requirements for successful completion of this paper. Please use the recommended APA Template linked below, which incorporates the following categories as the first level headings on your paper. APA formatting helps you to organize your paper in a professional manner and provides consistent methods for citing your sources and completing your reference page. See the documents in the APA category in Course Resources for assistance with APA formatting. The Student Success Strategies resource has great sections on writing scholarly papers and APA formatting.
1. The community health setting for this paper must be a faith community such as a church/parish, or other congregation.
2. Read the chapter of your textbook on the assigned community health setting and take notes based on the outline below.
3. Locate and read at least one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that is not assigned in the course related to a nurse’s role in health promotion in this setting. Search peer reviewed journals to find a scholarly article on this topic. The article must be less than 10 years old (less than 5 years is best).
4. Thoroughly address the following categories using the APA Template that is provided.
· Introduction (one paragraph):
o The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention.
o Introduce the assigned community setting
o Briefly identify CHN role(s) in this setting
o Identify vulnerable population(s) served in this setting
o Include a purpose statement
· Community Setting (two to three paragraphs)
o Describe the assigned community setting, including vulnerable population(s) served.
o Discuss three health services provided by the a CHN in the assigned setting.
o Use your textbook or an outside scholarly source to address these sub-points.
· Health Promotion Nursing Intervention (two to three paragraphs)
o Describe in detail health promotion intervention(s) that a CHN could implement in the assigned community setting.
o Identify people/organizations/community members this CHN role may collaborate with in health promotion interventions.
o Utilize at least one peer-reviewed scholarly article related to a health promotion intervention.
· Professional Nursing Organization (two paragraphs)
o Provide a detailed description of a professional nursing organization related to the assigned community setting. Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this role. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association (ANA) website for information on this role. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (organization name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page.
o Discuss one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to the assigned community setting.
· Summary (one paragraph)
The summary reiterates key points about:
o The community setting and the CHN role(s)
o Health promotion intervention
o Professional organization
o Includes a concluding statement.
· Reference Page: The reference page should start on a new page (insert a page break). All references should be cited within the body of the paper as (author or organization, year), and the full reference should be included in APA format on the reference page. A URL link alone is not an adequate reference. See the Chamberlain Guidelines for Professional Writing in the APA Folder in Program Resources for examples of properly formatted references.
The setting for this paper must be a faith community.
· Application: Use Microsoft Word 2010™ or later to create this assignment on the template provided.
· We highly recommend that you used the specific APA paper template for this assignment linked above as the headings are already included.
· Scholarly Writing: APA format is required. Review APA documents in Program Resources, and use the free resources of tutor.com for writing tutors.
· Length: This paper is expected to be no more than 4 pages in length (not including the title page and reference list).
· Quotations should be minimal—please paraphrase your sources. A maximum of one quotation should be used for this paper.
· Save your paper with your last name in the document title (e.g., Smith Community Settings).
· Submission: Submit your paper by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 4.
· Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions.
Best Practices in Preparing the Paper
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
· Follow the guidelines above carefully.
· Use only the assigned community setting.
· Complete you own work.
· Use the provided APA assignment specific template.
· Ask you instructor if you have any questions.
· Use the 1st column of the grading rubric to make sure all elements of the paper are addressed.
· Cite all sources within the paper as well as on the reference page.
· Proofread prior to final submission.
· Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission with Grammarly.com or the free tutor available through the Tutoring link in the course.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more