Cultural Immersion Project – Part 1 and Cultural Immersion Project – Part 2 attached
Subject: Jewish Religion
Cultural Immersion Project – Part 3 Paper Instructions
Individual Encounter and Synthesis
You will conduct an in-depth, 1-hour interview with an individual or married couple from your selected cultural group in order to develop an understanding of the cultural factors that helped shape that individual’s or couple’s cultural identity.
A variety of issues may be explored in the interview. The knowledge you gained from both parts of the Cultural Immersion Project as well as your sense of the person/couple you interview will guide you in how personal you can get with your questions. Cultural groups and individuals vary on how private they are. Use their feedback regarding what areas you can probe. If the person is very open, go deeper. If not, respect that cultural boundary and ask yourself why that boundary is there. Issues that you may wish to explore during the interview include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Early childhood experiences and parental values;
· Earliest memories of recognizing membership in a culturally different group;
· The role of religion/spirituality;
· Immigration experiences;
· Similarities/differences between couples’ interactions in the U.S. to couples’ interactions in the individual’s culture;
· School experiences as a member of a cultural minority;
· Experiences with subtle racism or discrimination;
· Experiences with overt racism or discrimination;
· Ways the person/couple chose his/her/their career(s) or made career choices;
· The experience of being culturally different;
· Attitudes regarding the majority culture;
· Extent of desire to assimilate majority cultural attitudes, values, and lifestyles;
· Feelings of oppression;
· Feelings of anger toward majority culture;
· From the person’s/couple’s own cultural background, any potential racist attitudes toward or stereotyping of individuals from other particular cultures; and/or
· Strengths identified from the person’s/couple’s cultural background that help him/her/them cope with living in the U.S.
Once your interview is complete, you will answer the questions listed below. First person may be used in your answers, and you must observe correct and current APA style. The paper must have a correct title page, and you must use a reference page (no abstract is needed). A word estimate is beside each question; however, the quality of your answer is more important than the word count. You may expand further, but you do not have to do so. In addition, your paper must be supported by at least 2 scholarly sources, and at least 2 internet and/or media sources, used in project part 1. It is recommended that you use the following questions as level 1 headings to organize your paper.
1. Share some of the background of your interviewee (or couple). What is this person’s/couple’s story? (approximately 300 words)
2. How open was this person/couple? Why do you think this was? (approximately 100 words)
3. What were some key cultural events (interactions with the majority culture, experiences of racism, positive experiences with the majority culture, etc.) for this person/couple? (approximately 250 words)
4. What was your sense of this person’s/couple’s acculturation level and racial/cultural identity development? Why do you think this is the case? (approximately 200 words)
5. How did you respond emotionally toward this person/couple during the interview? Given aspects of your personal experience, why do you think you reacted this way? (approximately 250 words)
6. Based on the interview experience, what knowledge about this cultural group was added that you did not get from the previous parts of this assignment? (approximately 200 words)
7. Summarize briefly culturally sensitive theories and techniques discussed in Part II and discuss ethical and legal aspects that counselors need to consider when providing counseling services for this specific group, including issues of conflict, bias, prejudice, oppression and discrimination (approximately 200 words).
8. Summarize briefly your findings in Part I on group characteristics and reflect on the significance of multicultural sensitivity for your work as a professional counselor (school, clinical mental health, or marriage and family, whichever applies to you; approximately 150 words).
9. Remind yourself of the biblical worldview lens material considered in this course (see the presentation titled “Interpreting Culture” in the Module/Week 1 Reading & Study folder). What are some strengths or elements of common grace that you see operating in this cultural group? How can individuals pray for people in this cultural group? (approximately 200 words)
10. Which part of this immersion experience (Part 1, 2, or 3) was most helpful to you in learning about this cultural group? Why do you think this was? (approximately 100 words)
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more