For this assignment, you will write a report reflecting on the iFixit project and what you learned. You will want to pay close attention to the instructions. So you may want to download a copy.
As part of your introduction to Technical Communication, you completed a service-learning project involving iFixit.com. Service learning is generally defined as a form of experiential education in which you, the student, engage in activities that both address a community need and enhance your learning and development in terms of the course learning objectives and the skills you will need for future success. In addition, service learning should help to foster civic engagement (individual and collective actions designed to identify and address issues of public concern) and provide opportunities for you, as a student, to reflect on how the service experience links into class objectives and on why it is important. Service learning is founded on the belief that “the interaction of knowledge and skills with experience is key to learning” and that “learning starts with a problem and continues with the application of increasingly complex ideas and increasingly sophisticated skills.” (Thomas Ehrlich, 1996)
For this course, the project was intended to engage you in activities that would enable you to learn and develop skills in the following:
present effective, informative, and professional oral presentations
collaborate with others to manage, complete, and deliver a technical communication project
For this project, you will write an individual report that discusses and examines the project in terms of what you did or did not learn and the experience you did or did not gain. As part of this report, you can make recommendations regarding the project and its future implementation.
The report will be in memo format and 2 to 3 pages in length. It will use headings to help guide the reader and to separate sections. It will be single-spaced with a double-space between paragraphs (with no indentation at the start of paragraphs). It will use 11pt or 12pt serif font for the body text and a san serif 12pt font in bold for the headings.
- Defining organizational communication need—What organization was served by this project? Who were the stakeholders affected by the project and its outcomes? What would you define as the organizational communication need? Was the need adequately addressed? Why or why not. Was the community partner (or client) responsive? Was the feedback they offered useful? How did you benefit from working with them? How did they benefit from working with your team?
- Analyzing Audience—Who was the primary audience for the project? Describe this audience and explain how the defining characteristics of the audience affected the implementation of the project and its outcomes. Who were your secondary audiences for the project? How did they affect your communication choices for the project?
- Designing and communicating technical information—what did you learn about designing and writing professional correspondence, reports, and instructions? What were some of the challenges you faced? How would you use what you learned for future activities such as those in courses or for employment?
- Testing information—What did you learn about the usability of information? Summarize the results of your usability tests. How did your participant evaluate the instructions? What changes did you need to make to the instructions? If you could do the project over again, what would you do differently?
- Collaborating with others—When creating the plan for the project, how well did you predict the tasks that needed to be completed, the timeline, workload distribution, and the final outcome? Did the project plan help keep team members on task? Describe your contributions to the project. What were some of the challenges you encountered working in a team? What did you learn about team work? If you could advise other students about how to work effectively in a team, what would you tell them?
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more