This assignment provides a learning activity for students to demonstrate understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, the purpose and importance of designs, and how research is critical for creating a credible evidence-based nursing practice.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
CO5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
Submit the completed assignment paper by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5.
This assignment is worth 225 points.
Directions for Preparing the Scholarly Paper
1. Read each of these instructions.
2. Read the assignment grading rubric criteria.
3. This assignment is completed as an APA paper. APA resources can be found in your Resources Tab. You are required to complete the paper using the productivity tools required by University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad.
4. You are required to use the grading rubric criteria to ensure you are meeting all grading requirements of the paper.
5. The guideline below is a recommended outline only and does not substitute for your assignment grading rubric; your paper will be graded using the assignment grading rubric criteria. The bolded words below should be used as the headings for your paper. The title of your paper should be:
Research Designs: A Critical Element for a Credible Nursing Practice
6. For the introduction section, summarize (see the grading rubric for details):
a. The need for nursing research.
b. The importance for nurses to understand the basic principles of research.
c. The purpose of your paper.
7. For the Quantitative Research section summarize (see the grading rubric for details):
a. The importance of quantitative research.
b. One type of quantitative design; explain one important feature of this type of design.
c. How quantitative research can help improve nursing practice.
8. For the Qualitative Research section summarize (see the grading rubric for details):
a. The importance of qualitative research.
b. One type of qualitative design; explain one important feature of this type of design.
c. How qualitative research can help improve nursing practice.
9. For the Research Sampling section summarize (see the grading rubric for details):
a. What is sampling and why is sampling important.
b. One sampling strategy used in quantitative research.
c. One other sampling strategy that you learned.
10. For the Credible Nursing Practice section, summarize (see the grading rubric for details):
a. How research can help to make nursing practice safe.
b. Why research is critical for creating an evidence-based nursing practice.
11. For the Conclusion section summarize (see the grading rubric for details):
a. Short, concise, thorough summary of the main points of the paper.
12. Double check your work with the grading rubric to ensure you have met all grading criteria for this assignment.
13. Two supporting scholarly references are required. Your textbook is considered a scholarly source. Citations and References must be included.
14. This is a short, scholarly paper. The assignment should be 3-4 pages in length not including the title page and references page.
15. Submit the completed assignment on the Week 5: Assignment page.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment. Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
NOTE: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
American Association of Colleges of Nurses (AACN). (2008). Executive summary: The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice (2008). Retrieved from http://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN). (2018). QSEN knowledge, skills, and attitude competencies. Retrieved from http://qsen.org/competencies/pre-licensure-ksas/
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more