Exam: 500425RR – Business Ethics and Starting a Small Business
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you
hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Some equivalent of the Golden Rule, which says we should treat others the way we wish to be treated,
A. in some religious traditions as well as in all philosophical systems.
B. only among some Christian denominations.
C. in all major religious and philosophical systems.
D. in Eastern but not, as a rule, in Western traditions.
2. Fair pay, respect for persons, and faithfully kept promises are characteristics of social responsibility to
3. According to your text, our main sources of ethical standards are religion and
D. social habit.
4. Without doubt, the biggest disadvantage to franchising is
A. the startup cost.
B. toughing it out as a sole proprietor.
C. pre-established local competition.
D. having to share profits with the franchisor.
5. The residents of Littleton Township own the local hydroelectric generating plant. They pay monthly fees
for facility maintenance and service and share in revenues that exceed operating costs on an annual basis.
This sort of organization would best be characterized as a/an
C. horizontal merger.
D. retail co-op.
6. Because what is legal may not be ethical, we should base our moral decisions on _______ principles.
7. Xerox has a program called Social _______ Leave that allows employees to take leave for up to a year,
at full pay and benefits, to work for a nonprofit organization.
8. The employees of Abs “R” Us, which includes 12 fitness
parlors in and around the metro area, feel they can improve the performance of the company. They decide
to pool their resources to purchase the company. This would be called a _______ buyout.
9. Respecting corporate social responsibility, Ronald McDonald Houses provides an example of corporate
10. It looks a lot like a corporation and can sell stock, but it’s taxed like a partnership. This would be a/an
B. uniform liability partnership.
C. master limited partnership.
D. limited partnership.
11. The major disadvantage of a sole proprietorship is
A. having to share profits with relatives.
B. unlimited liability.
C. having to make all the decisions.
D. finding people to assist you in areas where your skills are weak.
12. You learn that your friend has cheated on a final exam. If you decide to follow your text’s five-step
process for making ethical decisions in your personal life, your first
step will be
A. listing alternative responsibilities.
B. reflecting on your options.
C. gathering the facts.
D. recognizing that an ethical issue exists.
13. According to the influential economist Milton Friedman, corporate social responsibility is primarily
A. meticulous care of the environment.
B. repudiating insider trading.
C. making safe, high-quality products for consumers.
D. making money for shareholders.
14. A social _______ is a systematic evaluation of a company’s progress in implementing socially
15. According to the _______ approach as a basis for ethical standards, you’ll make an ethical decision
based on respecting and protecting the moral rights of those who will be affected by your decision.
16. Which statement about the Sarbanes-Oxley Act is true?
A. Its stipulations apply to both publicly traded and private companies.
B. It defines whistleblowers but doesn’t protect them.
C. It offers some protection to whistleblowers.
D. It helps companies recycle paper.
17. Which of the following is true about an S-corporation?
A. It’s created by the government.
B. It’s taxed like any other corporation.
C. It must offer at least two classes of stock.
D. It can have no more than 1,000 shareholders.
18. In the world of business, a _______ is made up of a group of people or organizations who have
unsatisfied wants and needs and the resources to fulfill those wants and needs.
End of exam
19. The management of Flora-Delivery, Inc. runs 14 stores and advises and assists owner-managers of 10
franchise operations. The stores directly run and managed by Flora-Delivery would be referred to as
20. A/An _______-based ethics code emphasizes preventing unlawful behavior through controlling behavior
and punishing wrongdoers.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more