1. In a poll, respondents were asked whether they had ever been in a car accident. 220 respondents indicated that they had been in a car accident and 370 respondents said that they had not been in a car accident. If one of these respondents is randomly selected, what is the probability of getting someone who has been in a car accident? Round to the nearest thousandth.A. 0.384 B. 0.380 C. 0.373D. 0.370
3. If you flip a coin three times, the possible outcomes are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the probability of getting at least one head?
A. 4/9 B. 5/6 C. 7/8 D. 5/8
4. Joe dealt 20 cards from a standard 52-card deck, and the number of red cards exceeded the number of black cards by 8. He reshuffled the cards and dealt 30 cards. This time, the number of red cards exceeded the number of black cards by 10. Determine which deal is closer to the 50/50 ratio of red/black expected of fairly dealt hands from a fair deck and why.
A. The first series is closer because 1/10 is farther from 1/2 than is 1/8.
B. The series closer to the theoretical 50/50 cannot be determined unless the number of red and black cards for each deal is given.
C. The second series is closer because 20/30 is closer to 1/2 than is 14/20.
D. The first series is closer because the difference between red and black is smaller than the difference in the second series.
5. Suppose you have an extremely unfair die: The probability of a 6 is 3/8, and the probability of each other number is 1/8. If you toss the die 32 times, how many twos do you expect to see?A. 2 B. 4 C. 3 D. 5
6. A class consists of 50 women and 82 men. If a student is randomly selected, what is the probability that the student is a woman?
A. 32/132 B. 25/66C. 50/132 D. 82/132
7. If you flip a coin three times, the possible outcomes are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the probability that at least two heads occur consecutively?
A. 1/8 B. 3/8 C. 5/8 D. 6/8
8. Suppose you buy 1 ticket for $1 out of a lottery of 1000 tickets where the prize for the one winning ticket is to be $500. What is your expected value?
A. $0.00 B. −$0.40 C. −$1.00 D. −$0.50
9. If you flip a coin three times, the possible outcomes are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the probability of getting at least two tails?
A. 1/2 B. 2/3 C. 3/4 D. 4/9
10. A bag contains four chips of which one is red, one is blue, one is green, and one is yellow. A chip is selected at random from the bag and then replaced in the bag. A second chip is then selected at random. Make a list of the possible outcomes (for example, RB represents the outcome red chip followed by blue chip) and use your list to determine the probability that the two chips selected are the same color. (Hint: There are 16 possible outcomes.)A. 1/4 B. ¾ C. 2/16 D. 3/16
11. A committee of three people is to be formed. The three people will be selected from a list of five possible committee members. A simple random sample of three people is taken, without replacement, from the group of five people. Using the letters A, B, C, D, E to represent the five people, list the possible samples of size three and use your list to determine the probability that B is included in the sample. (Hint: There are 10 possible samples.)A. 0.6 B. 0.4 C. 0.7 D. 0.8
12. In the first series of rolls of a die, the number of odd numbers exceeded the number of even numbers by 5. In the second series of rolls of the same die, the number of odd numbers exceeded the number of even numbers by 11. Determine which series is closer to the 50/50 ratio of odd/even expected of a fairly rolled die.
A. The second series is closer because the difference between odd and even numbers is greater than the difference for the first series.
B. The first series is closer because the difference between odd and even numbers is less than the difference for the second series.
C. Since 1/2 > 1/5 > 1/11, the first series is closer.
D. The series closer to the theoretical 50/50 cannot be determined unless the total number of rolls for both series is given.
13. Jody checked the temperature 12 times on Monday, and the last digit of the temperature was odd six times more than it was even. On Tuesday, she checked it 18 times and the last digit was odd eight times more than it was even. Determine which series is closer to the 50/50 ratio of odd/even expected of such a series of temperature checks.
A. The Monday series is closer because 1/6 is closer to 1/2 than is 1/8.
B. The Monday series is closer because 6/12 is closer to 0.5 than is 8/18.
C. The Tuesday series is closer because the 13/18 is closer to 0.5 than is 9/12.
D. The series closest to the theoretical 50/50 cannot be determined without knowing the number of odds and evens in each series.
14. Suppose you pay $1.00 to roll a fair die with the understanding that you will get back $3.00 for rolling a 5 or a 2, nothing otherwise. What is your expected value?
A. $1.00 B. $0.00 C. $3.00 D. −$1.00
15. On a multiple choice test, each question has 6 possible answers. If you make a random guess on the first question, what is the probability that you are correct?
A. 1/5 B. 1/6 C. 1/4 D. 2/5
16. A study of two types of weed killers was done on two identical weed plots. One weed killer killed 15% more weeds than the other. This difference was significant at the 0.05 level. What does this mean?
A. The improvement was due to the fact that there were more weeds in one study.
B. The probability that the difference was due to chance alone is greater than 0.05.
C. The probability that one weed killer performed better by chance alone is less than 0.05.
D. There is not enough information to make any conclusion.
17. The distribution of B.A. degrees conferred by a local college is listed below, by major.
Liberal Arts 1358
What is the probability that a randomly selected degree is not in Business?
A. 0.7800 B. 0.8200 C. 0.8300 D. 0.9200
18. A 28-year-old man pays $125 for a one-year life insurance policy with coverage of $140,000. If the probability that he will live through the year is 0.9994, to the nearest dollar, what is the man’s expected value for the insurance policy?
A. $139,916 B. −$41 C. $84 D. −$124
19. A bag contains 4 red marbles, 3 blue marbles, and 7 green marbles. If a marble is randomly selected from the bag, what is the probability that it is blue?
A. 2/11 B. 3/11 C. 5/14 D. 3/14
20. The data set represents the income levels of the members of a country club. Estimate the probability that a randomly selected member earns at least $98,000.
112,000 126,000 90,000 133,000 94,000 112,000 98,000 82,000 147,000 182,000 86,000 105,000
140,000 94,000 126,000 119,000 98,000 154,000 78,000 119,000
A. 0.4 B. 0.6 C. 0.66 D. 0.7
21. A study of students taking Statistics 101 was done. Four hundred students who studied for more than 10 hours averaged a B. Two hundred students who studied for less than 10 hours averaged a C. This difference was significant at the 0.01 level. What does this mean?
A. The probability that the difference was due to chance alone is greater than 0.01.
B. There is less than a 0.01 chance that the first group’s grades were better by chance alone.
C. The improvement was due to the fact that more people studied.
D. There is not enough information to make any conclusion
22. Sample size = 400, sample mean = 44, sample standard deviation = 16. What is the margin of error?
A. 1.4 B. 1.6 C. 2.2 D. 2.6
23. Select the best fit line on the scatter diagram below.
D. None of the lines is the line of best
24. A researcher wishes to estimate the mean amount of money spent per month on food by households in a certain neighborhood. She desires a margin of error of $30. Past studies suggest that a population standard deviation of $248 is reasonable. Estimate the minimum sample size needed to estimate the population mean with the stated accuracy.
A. 274 B. 284 C. 264 D. 272
25. Suggest the cause of the correlation among the data.
The graph shows strength of coffee (y) and number of scoops used to make 10 cups of coffee (x). Identify the probable cause of the correlation.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more