FIN 370 Final Exam
1. Which of the following is true regarding Investment Banks?
3. Project Sigma requires an investment of $1 million and has a NPV of $10. Project Delta requires an investment of $500,000 and has a NPV of $150,000. The projects involve unrelated new product lines.
What is your evaluation of these two projects?
4. Which of the following is most likely to occur if a firm over-invests in net working capital?
5. The Securities Investor Protection Corporation protects individuals from
6. If managers are making decisions to maximize shareholder wealth, then they are primarily concerned with making decisions that should:
7. Buying and selling in more than one market to make a riskless profit is called:
8. Given an accounts receivable turnover of 8 and annual credit sales of $362,000, the average collection period (360-day year) is
9. Delta Inc. is considering the purchase of a new machine which is expected to increase sales by $10,000 in addition to increasing non-depreciation expenses by $3,000 annually. Due to the sales increase, Delta expects its working capital to increase $1,000 during the life of the project. Delta will depreciate the machine using the straight-line method over the project’s five year life to a salvage value of zero. The machine’s purchase price is $20,000. The firm has a marginal tax rate of 34 percent, and its required rate of return is 12 percent. The machine’s initial cash outflow is:
10. A company collects 60% of its sales during the month of the sale, 30% one month after the sale, and 10% two months after the sale. The company expects sales of $10,000 in August, $20,000 in September, $30,000 in October, and $40,000 in November. How much money is expected to be collected in October?
11. Capital Structure Theory in general assumes that:
12. Which of the following best describes why cash flows are utilized rather than accounting profits when evaluating capital projects?
13. Which of the following could offset the higher risk exposure a company would face if it’s current ratio and net working capital were relatively low?
14. When the impact of taxes is considered, as the firm takes on more debt
15. Accounting break-even analysis solves for the level of sales that will result in:
16. When calculating the weighted average cost of capital, which of the following has to be adjusted for taxes?
17. Which of the following statements best represents what finance is about?
18. Apple Two Enterprises expects to generate sales of $5,950,000 for fiscal 2014; sales were$3,450,000 in fiscal 2013. Assume the following figures for the fiscal year ending 2013: cash $70,000; accounts receivable $250,000; inventory $400,000; net fixed assets $520,000; accounts payable $235,000; and accruals $155,000. Use the percent-of-sales method to forecast cash for the fiscal year ending 2014.
19. Aspects of demand risk controllable by the firm include:
20. The Oviedo Thespians are planning to present performances of their Florida Revue on 2 consecutive nights in January. It will cost them $5,000 per night for theater rental, event insurance and professional musicians. The theater will also take 10% of gross ticket sales. How many tickets must they sell at $10.00 per ticket to raise $1,000 for their organization?
21. Which of the following goals is in the best long-term interest of stockholders?
22. Compute the payback period for a project with the following cash flows, if the company’s discount rate is 12%.
23. If you have $20,000 in an account earning 8% annually, what constant amount could you withdraw each year and have nothing remaining at the end of five years?
24. Which of the following best describes why cash flows are utilized rather than accounting profits when evaluating capital projects?
25. Which of the following financial ratios is the best measure of the operating effectiveness of a firm’s management?
26. Which of the following is not part of the underwriting process?
27. Long-term financial plans typically encompass:
28. Metals Corp. has $2,575,000 of debt, $550,000 of preferred stock, and $18,125,000 of common equity. Metals Corp.’s after-tax cost of debt is 5.25%, preferred stock has a cost of 6.35%, and newly issued common stock has a cost of 14.05%. What is Metals Corp.’s weighted average cost of capital?
29. You just purchased a parcel of land for $10,000. If you expect a 12% annual rate of return on your investment, how much will you sell the land for in 10 years?
30. Which of the following is true about bonds?
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more