Final EXAM.docx Write a scene between any two main characters from any of the plays we have studied that takes place 5 years after the action of the play ends. Place them in a specific setting, in a specific context. The meeting cannot be accidental-one character must have initiated it for a reason. Each character must want something in the scene. Your scene must follow the dramatic structure of a play:exposition, complication, rising action, climax and denouement.
1- Option 3: Write a scene between any two main characters from any of the plays we have studied that takes place 5 years after the action the play ends.
I have chosen to write a scene for the play “Master Harold”… and the boys” between Hally and his father.
We are in 1955 and it is ahot summer afternoon in South Africa. The St. George’s Park Tea Room has closed earlier and all the servants have finished their work and have gotten their salary.
Other elements: A table, twochairs, a box of candies and a glass of milk. In the kitchen, there are several bottles of different types of alcohol.
At the table, Hally is 20’s, is reading an article in the newspaper where they talk about a boycott in the United States.
He is totally focused on the article and at the same time, he is taking notes in his notebook.
At the almost end of the room there is his father, in his mid-fifties, reading a coming book.
– Hally’s father: Ahahaha… that is so funny.
(Hally continues to read his article)
– Hally’s father: They are so ugly these people. Hey, chum don’t you find them ugly?
– Hally: They are whatever you say they are dad; just let me read my article.
– Father: What are you reading?
– Hally: I am reading an article about the Montgomery Bus Boycott in the United States.
– Father: Why is there a boycott?
– Hally: A black woman was thrown in jail because she refused to give her place to a white man.
– Father: She deserves it then, she should have just given her place if she did not want to go to jail.
– Hally: You know that is exactly why I cannot talk to you. You are always ready to judge.
– Father: What do you mean? The white man has always the priority over the black. You should know that.
– Hally: It is not a question of color; it is a question of respect. No one should have forced her to cede her place.In addition, she was respectively at the coloured section.
– Father: Come on, Hally. Don’t tell me that now you are defending that stupid nigger?
– Hally: Is there a problem with that? I think that South Africa need people like this to make a change.
– Father: What? That is so insane. You have been brainwashed. Did Sam and Willie put all of this and your head?
– Hally: Leave them alone.
– Father: Oh, I have hurt you. I always knew that these hooligans were important to you. (taking a drop of alcohol)
– Hally: I am ashamed of you. I always wonder why you are my father. You are such a racist.
– Father: I always wonder why you are my son. Always defending these primitives’ people.
– Hally: I defend them because they are always oppressed and that I believe at least one day, all of this discrimination will stop.
– Father: I would rather be dead rather to see that day where blacks would be granted the same right as white.
– Hally: Then you better. Because that day, I will be walking in the streets of South Africa with them. This day will be a new chapter in their lives and new Day for Africa.
(Father starts to get angry, tries to take his crutches and he gets up)
– Shut your mouth Hally. You are saying bullshit.
– That day, they will be not considered as Blacks, hooligans, nor primitives. They will be considered as human beings just like you and me. They will not be judged by their color or physics but by their capacity.
(his father throws a bottle of alcohol, but he misses Hally).
– STOP. I am tired of your bullshit. I did not raise you for that.
– Yeah. You are right. You did not raise me for that. Simple, you did not raise me at all. You were always drinking and saying racist jokes. I am just tired of your behavior. Sam is much better than you are.
– Ah. You prefer this black servant as your server than me.(pushing Hally) Then go find your animal. You are alike.
(Hespits in his father’s face).
– This is for insulting me.
– Get away from me.
– I want to go far away from you. No one can live with you. If they are near to you, you contaminate them with your ideas. Five years ago, at the same place I spat in Sam’s face for your consent. Today, I do it to you because I realized what I have done to him was wrong. Do not ever talk to me again, forget me as your son because I have already forgotten you as my father. ( He exits the Tea room and leaves his father in tears.)
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more