You will be allocated two ASX listed companies to study for this assignment. Imagine you work for the OrotonGroup Limited. http://www.orotongroup.com/index.php/investors-annual-reports
The second is one of your company’s competitors is Country Road Limited
This assignment consists of two tasks.
Task 1: Working Capital Management (10 marks)
Your boss has asked you to assess the company’s working capital management relative to that of its competitor and provide recommendations for improvement.
You focus your analysis on the companies’ 2011 cash cycles. Compare the overall funding gap and each of the areas that make it up to identify your company’s strengths and weaknesses.
In providing recommendations for improvement, you should outline possible actions and note any potential benefits and costs.
In making your assessment and recommendations consider potential differences between your company and its competitor that could explain convergent results. Where relevant, these should be noted. (For example, although the companies may compete in some markets, they may also have different areas of business.)
To undertake this task you will need to get some background information on the companies and collect some data. In particular, for each company, collect the three component ratios necessary to calculate the funding gap for the 2011 financial year. These ratios are available (already calculated) from FinAnalysis (see the ‘External Links’ section of this unit’s MySCU site).
Since your boss is a busy person and has little time to read lengthy reports, your submission for this task will not exceed two A4 pages. Structure your submission as a very short report that excludes title and contents pages. Ensure you fully reference all sources of data and information you use in your assignment.
Marks for this task will be awarded in equal weighting for:
• accuracy of data sourced and calculations performed;
• effectiveness of communication, including structure, grammar and referencing;
• understanding of the issues involved in effective working capital management of a company;
• ability to validly apply knowledge of the cash cycle and working capital management to a real example; and
• assessment and recommendations are based on logic and evidence.
Task 2: Risk and Return (15 marks)
Your Aunty Jane has some savings she wants to invest in shares. She has asked for your advice because she knows you are doing a finance unit in your university degree. Aunty thinks you are brilliant and so wants to invest all her savings in shares of the company your work for (that is, the one assigned to your for this assignment).
Your Aunty is risk averse and from your study you know that investing in only one asset is risky. You decide you need to explain this to Aunty. You approach this task as follows.
1. Calculate the monthly returns for your (assigned) company’s shares for the 12 months ending 31 May 2012. (Calculate the capital gain/loss yield only; that is, ignore dividends. Get the necessary share price data from FinAnalysis.) (2 marks)
2. Calculate the monthly returns on the S&P/ASX 200 index during the same period. (Get the necessary share price index data from statistical table F7 available for download from the RBA website.) (1 mark)
3. Calculate the average monthly return and standard deviation for the period for both your company and the market index. (2 marks)
4. Explain the concept of diversification to Aunty. In doing so, you should also explain and refer to relevant figures from parts 1 to 3 to illustrate. (3 marks)
5. Identify and discuss two systematic and two unsystematic risk factors impacting on your company. Your discussion should be aimed at explaining systematic risk and unsystematic risk to your Aunty using example risk factors relevant to your company. One of the four risk factors should be drawn from news released about your company. (4 marks)
6. Source a current beta coefficient for your company from FinAnalysis. Explain to your Aunty what it means and give an example, assuming the market is expected to fall by 5% in the coming year. (2 marks)
Your submission for this task must not exceed three A4 pages. Provide an answer to each part in the order above. Ensure you fully reference all sources of data and information you use in your assignment.
Marks for this task will be awarded for each part as provided above. In addition to the marks for parts 1 to 6, 1 mark will be allocated for effective communication and referencing.
Marks for parts 1 and 2 will be awarded for correct data and numerical analysis. Marks for part 3 will be awarded for correct numerical analysis. Marks for part 4 and 5 will be awarded for a student’s ability to correctly and clearly explain the concepts in their own words and to illustrate them by application to real world figures/examples. Marks for part 6 will be awarded for a student’s ability to correctly and clearly explain the concept in their own words and to apply it to an example.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more