1. The units of inheritance are
D) metabolic activities.
2. Which of the following includes other levels of hierarchy?
3. The first step in the scientific method is to
A) propose a solution.
B) draw a conclusion.
C) perform an experiment.
D) predict the results of an experiment.
E) identify a problem.
4. Which of the following concepts best describes the wide variety of dog species we observe, ranging from the domesticated golden retriever or the basset hound, to the wild dogs of Africa, to foxes?
A) special creation
D) inheritance of acquired characteristics.
5. The simplest entity that exhibits all of the properties of life is called a(n)
6. Organisms that have descended from the same initial group and have the ability to interbreed belong to the same
7. Which list is organized from smallest to largest level of organization of life?
A) organelles, tissues, cells, organ systems, organs, organisms
B) tissues, cells, organelles, organs, organ systems, organisms
C) organelles, cells, tissues, organs, organ systems, organisms
D) cells, tissues, organ systems, organelles, organs, organisms
E) organisms, organ systems, organs, tissues, cells, organelles
8. Young multicelled organisms usually start out small, then grow in size, and increase in complexity. This process is called:
9. To maintain order within their cells and organs, all living things must
A) be able to move.
B) constantly change.
D) extract energy from sunlight.
E) carry on metabolism.
10. Characteristics usually associated with life include all of the following except:
A) a high degree of organization.
C) lack of change from generation to generation.
D) responsiveness to stimuli.
11. If an ecologist is studying the cycling of carbon through a particular environment (which involves the movement of carbon through living things as well as through rock, air, and water), the scientist is studying at what level of ecology?
12. Scientists have found that ancient fossils
A) are less similar to present-day organisms than more recent fossils.
B) are more similar to present-day organisms than more recent fossils.
C) are very similar to present-day organisms.
D) are just as similar to present-day organisms as more recent fossils.
E) bear no resemblance to present-day organisms.
13. What is the term that describes the study of the relationship between living things and components of their environment?
14. Which of the following is considered to be the most basic living unit?
C) organ system
15. In populations, adaptation usually arises through
C) natural selection.
16. The scientific name for the black-footed ferret is Mustela nigripes. The name Mustela indicates the _____________________ to which the organisms belongs.
17. All the living organisms in a particular area at a particular time make up a
18. Organisms that undergo sexual reproduction
A) require another organism to reproduce.
B) do not require energy to reproduce.
C) produce offspring that are different from each other.
D) produce offspring that are identical to each other and to the parent.
E) are usually very complex.
19. Fungi are classified into which domain?
20. When examining the hierarchy of life, which of the following terms is most inclusive?
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more