Write a 4-6-page analysis of a current problem or issue in health care, including a proposed solution and possible ethical implications.
In your health care career you will be confronted with many problems that demand a solution. By using research skills you can learn what others are doing and saying about similar problems. Then you can analyze the problem and the people and systems it affects. You can examine potential solutions and their ramifications. This assessment allows you to practice this approach with a real world problem.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
o Use scholarly information to describe and explain a health care problem or issue and identify possible causes for it.
· Competency 2: Apply scholarly information through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of health care.
o Analyze a health care problem or issue by describing the context, explaining why it is important, and identifying populations affected by it.
o Discuss potential solutions for a health care problem or issue and describe what would be required to implement a solution.
· Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and academic standards to the study of health care.
o Analyze the ethical implications if a potential solution to a health care problem or issue was implemented.
· Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and that is consistent with expectations for health care professionals.
o Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
o Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
1. Describe the health care problem or issue you selected for use in Assessment 2 (from the Assessment Topic Areas | Transcript media piece) and provide details about it.
2. To explore your chosen topic, you should use the first four steps of the Socratic Problem-Solving Approach to aid your critical thinking. This approach was introduced in the second assessment.
3. Identify possible causes for the problem or issue.
4. Use scholarly information to explain the health care problem or issue.
5. Identify at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles about the topic.
o You may use articles you found while working on Assessment 2 or you may search the Library for other articles.
o You may find the applicable Undergraduate Library Research Guide helpful in your search.
6. Assess the credibility of the information sources.
7. Assess the relevance of the information sources.
8. Analyze the problem or issue.
o Describe the setting or context for the problems or issues.
o Describe why the problem or issue is important to you.
o Identify groups of people affected by the problem or issue.
9. Discuss potential solutions for the problem or issue.
o Compare your opinion with other opinions you find in sources from the Library.
o Provide the pros and cons for one of the solutions you are proposing.
10. Analyze the ethical implications if the potential solution (the one for which you provide pros and cons) were to be implemented.
o Discuss the pros and cons of implementing the proposed solution from an ethical principle point of view.
o Provide examples from the literature to support the points you are making.
11. Describe what would be necessary to implement the proposed solution.
Example Assessment: You may use the following to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like:
· Assessment 3 Example [PDF].
1. Length: At least 4–6 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page.
2. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
3. APA Template: Use the APA Style Paper Template [DOCX] as the paper format and the APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOC] for guidance.
4. Written communication: Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
5. Using outside sources: Integrate information from outside sources into academic writing by appropriately quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing, following APA style.
6. References: Integrate information from outside sources to include at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles and three in-text citations within the paper.
7. APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for in-text citations of outside sources in the body of your paper and also on the reference page.
Organize your paper using the following structure and headings:
· Title page. A separate page.
· Introduction. A brief one-paragraph statement about the purpose of the paper.
· Elements of the problem/issue. Identify the elements of the problem or issue or question.
· Analysis. Analyze, define, and frame the problem or issue.
· Considering options. Consider solutions, responses, or answers.
· Solution. Choose a solution, response, or answer.
· Ethical implications. Ethical implications of implementing the solution.
· Implementation. Implementation of the potential solution.
· Conclusion. One paragraph.
Note: Read the Analyze a Current Health Care Problem or Issue Scoring Guide to fully understand how your paper will be graded.
If you would like assistance in organizing your assessment, or if you simply have a question about your assessment, do not hesitate to ask faculty or the teaching assistants in the NHS Learner Success Lab for guidance and suggestions.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information
References to be used:
In healthcare, research is important. It helps you see what has worked and what has not worked effectively for wellness and patient care. It is important for you to explore research about evidenced-based practices in your areas of interest. This research will help you develop and demonstrate a professional health care perspective and expand your organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
These resources provide information about evidence-based practice.
· Macias, C. G., Loveless, J. N., Jackson, A. N., & Srinivasan, S. (2017). Delivering value through evidence-based practice. Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, 18(2), 89–97.
· Arli, S. K., Bakan, A. B., Ozturk, S., Erisik, E., & Yildirim, Z. (2017). Critical thinking and caring in nursing students. International Journal of Caring Sciences, 10(1), 471–478
ATTACHED WORD DOC
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more