Zora Neal Hurston – “Sweat”
Instructions: Your first essay, the short fiction essay, is due at the end of week two.
Choose one of the stories from the Lesson Two readings that you did not focus on in your initial post during week two. Think about what you believe the theme/point is behind the story. After you have a plan, begin to write a draft of your short fiction essay. Please make sure to review the readings from Lesson One. You are expected to understand this information. Please also incorporate the literary vocabulary discussed in lesson one, most specifically the elements of fiction: “The Elements of Fiction” and “Elements of Fiction.” Please use New Criticism to interpret your chosen short story within your essay; that is, you should offer a close reading of your chosen short story. Please cite from your chosen short story, and do not use any other additional sources in your work. Your interpretation must be at least 500 words, but no more than 750 words.
Please remember the following:
1. Do not use the same short story you used in your initial post during week two. I will be checking.
2. Avoid any and all summary sites within your essay. Please see the week two lesson for a list of these sites.
3. Use MLA format and citations in this essay. See the sample essay for an example of an MLA formatted essay.
4. Make sure your essay has a clear introduction and thesis statement (topic plus point about that topic) at the bottom of your introduction. Please introduce your chosen short story in your introduction.
5. Make sure your body paragraphs are focus on proving your thesis statement – theme of the story. Do not summarize the story. I have read the story and know it well. I want to know your unique interpretation of this story.
6. Please see the following sample essay. Note that this essay is a bit longer than what is expected, and also note that you may not write an essay using the same focus as this sample Hawthorne essay. However, this essay may help you understand the expectations for this assignment.
7. Make sure to have a conclusion that does not bring in new information.
8. Use literary present and third person in your essay, as discussed in lesson two.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more