1. Quality management is an organizational commitment to continuous process of improvement that expands the definition of customer to include everyone involved in the organization.
2. Health insurance and retirement plans are examples of voluntary benefits.
3. A SWOT analysis is a process for determining an organization’s core competency.
4. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 protects only employees over 55 years of age from discrimination.
5. Affirmative action is a practice in organizations that includes actively seeking, hiring and promoting women and minorities to correct past discriminatory injustices.
6. Career development has a shorter time focus than employee development.
7. The Privacy Act of 1974 requires federal government agencies to allow anyone to have access to individual personnel files and there is no individual consent needed.
8. Three basic methods of job evaluation are currently in use: ordering, classification, and point methods.
9. HRM activities are mildly affected by what occurs outside the organization.
10. The fact that organizations are no longer constrained by national borders illustrates that the world has become a global village.
11. The bulk of cross-cultural training is language training.
12. Continuous improvement programs aim at constantly improving the quality of products and services.
13. The Fair Compensation Wages Act passed in 1963 and mandates that organizations compensate men and women doing the same job in the organization with the same rate of pay.
14. Probably one of the most complex functions of international human resource management is the design and implementation of an equitable compensation program.
15. Most organizations take a ‘melting pot’ approach to diversity.
PART II: Complete the following multiple choice questions. Please highlight your answer selection.|
For example: An apple is a…..
16. Which of the following is not a key ingredient to design an effective team appraisal system?
a. Measure individual performance, not team performance.
b. Measure both team and individual performance.
c. Tie team results to organizational goals.
d. Begin with the team’s customers and its work process to satisfy customers’ needs.
17. Performance-based rewards are considered to be:
a. incentive systems
b. piecework pay plans
c. both a and b
d. only a
18. HRM typically provides which of these types of training to temporary employees?
b. Retirement planning.
c. Benefits options.
d. Career management.
19. Which of the following describes the “Strategy” phase of the strategic planning process?
a. Determining what business the organization will be in.
b. Setting goals and objectives.
c. Determining how goals and objectives will be attained.
d. Determining what jobs need to be done and by whom.
20. Studies on the benefits of job enrichment as a reward are inconclusive on which of these dimensions?
b. Turnover costs.
c. Employee commitment.
d. Employee satisfaction.
21. During a job analysis, which of these tasks are performed?
a. Promotion patterns and succession plans are identified.
b. An estimation of the labor supply is verified.
c. Duties and responsibilities of a job are matched with pay grades.
d. Skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to perform a job are determined.
22. Which of the following is the most widely used individual incentive plan?
a. Piecework plan
b. Scanlon plan
c. Merit pay
d. Competency-based plan
23. Jason, a satellite architect, accepted an overseas assignment for his company when the company agreed to provide a car and chauffeur, a beach villa, a sailboat, and a lump sum payment of $600,000. What kind of pay factor was used?
a. base pay.
24. Lee, an account manager for a large IT provider, has set his quota for next year 20% higher and decided to improve customer satisfaction quality by 10%. What MBO step was Lee performing?
a. Goal setting.
c. Performance evaluation.
d. Formal review.
25. How has technology changed HRM practices?
a. Recruiting using the web generates smaller, more focused applicant pools.
b. Employee training is often delivered on demand rather than through scheduled courses.
c. Electronic resumes take more time to evaluate than paper resumes.
d. Nearly 20% of HR managers are involved in surveillance o
1. Cultural sensitivity is most often taught to employees before overseas assignments through which of these techniques?
a. Lectures, movies.
b. Video recordings and embassy tours.
c. Interactive simulations and lectures.
d. Role playing, simulations, and meeting former international assignees.
2. External HRM influences are categorized into the general areas of……
a. dynamic environment
b. labor unions
c. governmental legislation
d. all of the above
3. Which of the following is not true regarding employee training?
a. It focuses on future jobs in the organization.
b. It is present-day oriented.
c. It focuses on individuals’ current jobs.
d. It is a learning experience.
4. Charles, director of training for a large organization, is looking at the completion rates for the annual clerical training program that is required for promotion to advanced clerical worker. The information presented shows figures for these groups of employees: Caucasian; Hispanic; African American; Asian; Other. What kind of HR report is Charles studying?
a. ADA audit.
b. EEO audit.
c. Indoctrination analysis.
d. Culture/language readiness.
5. The selection process may include all of the following steps, except:
a. background investigation.
b. screening interview.
c. application form.
d. medical history evaluation.
6. The invisible barrier that blocks females and minorities from ascending into the upper levels of an organization.
a. glass shielding
b. glass ceiling
c. minority overhead
d. glass discrimination
7. Successful recruiting efforts are indicated by all of these outcomes, except:
a. turnover increases.
b. training costs go down.
c. more job seekers know about available jobs.
d. the applicant pool is increasingly diverse.
8. Who should make the actual hiring decision?
a. The HR manager
b. The general manager
c. The manager in the department where the vacancy exists.
d. The recruiter
9. Meeting with a group of employees to collectively determine what their job entails.
a. job evaluation method
b. group interview method
c. analysis evaluation
d. group evaluation
10. The varied personal characteristics that make the workforce heterogeneous.
a. workforce diversity
d. contingent workforce
11. As the assistant of the HR manager, you are updating and rewriting the employee handbook. Which of the following is not a key ingredient of an effective employee handbook?
a. The employee handbook should be pertinent to employees’ needs.
b. The employee handbook should provide quick and easy answers to questions about benefits and employment policies.
c. The employee handbook should set the parameters within which employees are expected to perform.
d. The employee handbook should make clear to employees that their job is secure as long as they meet performance standards.
12. Maizie, a charge nurse in a large hospital, is frustrated with a phone call. She is thumbing through Joe’s file, looking for a patient consent signature before she can answer questions from Joe’s secretary, “How is Joe?” What health issue is relevant to Maizie’s predicament?
13. Process of discovering potential candidates for actual or anticipated organizational vacancies.
c. internal search
d. employee referral
14. Which of the following is not a step in a job analysis process?
15. Which of the following is the arm of the federal government empowered to handle discrimination in employment cases?
a. Fair Employment Commission
b. Fair Labor Standards Commission
c. Equal Employment Opportunity Act
d. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more