Assignment 2: Capital Budgeting
Futronics Inc. is a $2 billion firm that sells communications services. Founded in 1937, Futronics has provided consumer products, as well as government systems and services, for well over half a century. Due to a sharp increase in competition, flattened sales, and external economic conditions, Futronics is implementing a corporate overhead reduction program. The proposal is to replace the company’s central office stores with outside vendors. The investment will cost $1,000,000 and yield incremental cash flows of $450,000 in year one (1), $350,000 in year two (2), $300,000 in year three (3), and $250,000 in year four (4). There is no salvage value of the asset, and the firm has a cost of capital of 8%.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Calculate the net present value, internal rate of return, and simple payback. Next, determine the effect that each of the three (3) values will have on the company.
2. Explain one to two (1-2) investment gains that the company could achieve by outsourcing the central office functions. Focus on the company’s potential to reduce overhead and still maintain or even improve the quality of its products.
3. Discuss one (1) capital budgeting method that would be most effective for the company. Next, discuss one (1) capital budgeting method that would have the least value for the company as compared to others. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. Use at least one (1) quality reference. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the characteristics and valuation of stocks and bonds, and how each is a key component in the financing of corporations.
• Describe the risk versus return trade-off and identify the techniques used to measure risk.
• Explain the capital budgeting process, how project cash flow is determined and valued, and how project risk influences decision making.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in finance.
• Write clearly and concisely about finance using proper writing mechanics.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more