1. In the U.S., until ___________, prescription drugs could not be advertised directly to consumers.
2. In 2005, the pharmaceutical industry spent_________ on TV ads.
a. $2.5 million
b. $500 million
c. $1.19 billion
d. $11.1 billion
3. The U.S. and ___________ are the only two developed nations that allow direct-to-consumer
advertising of pharmaceutical drugs.
d. New Zealand
4. ____________ refers to the practice of a seller putting a much higher price on the item for sale
than is considered fair or reasonable.
b. Price gouging
d. Price inflation
5. All of the following are major arms suppliers, except:
b. the United States.
6. The National Advertising Review Board (NARB) was formed in:
7. The Equal Pay Act of ____________ guarantees the right to equal pay for equal work and is
aimed especially at wage discrimination against women.
8. The first level of affirmative action involves the active recruiting of:
a. women and members of minority groups.
b. women only.
c. minority groups only.
d. none of the above.
9. Trademarks ____________ after a certain length of time and the rights one has continue
b. do not expire
c. expire after one year
d. expire after five years
10. Currently, copyrighted material is protected for life of the author plus:
a. 5 years.
b. 25 years.
c. 50 years.
d. 70 years.
11. ____________ applies to the authorized use of copyrighted material without permission under
a. Fair use
b. Fair act
c. Common use
d. Common sharing
12. The stealing of funds or assets by computer has resulted in the loss to business of what is
conservatively estimated to be ____________ annually.
a. $1 billion
b. $2 billion
c. 3 billion
d. $5 billion
13. Data _________ is a technique of using special software to sift through large databases in order
to derive information that is implicit but not explicit in the data.
14. _________ refers to land and to the buildings and additions on the land.
a. intellectual property
c. real property
d. none of the above.
15. From an ethical perspective, which is the proper response with regards to the length of a
a. The longer contemporary period is better than the shorter historical period.
b. Ethics cannot provide a specific period.
c. The shorter historical period is better than the longer contemporary period.
d. Both the shorter historical period and the longer contemporary period are best for their
16. Which of the following is not covered by the doctrine of fair use?
a. Scholarly criticism and scholarship
b. Using copies instead of assigning a text
c. News reporting
17. The EEO laws require an employer to give greater care to ____________ than many employers
did prior to the laws.
a. writing the job description for a position
b. safety training
c. positive feedback
d. salary negotiations
18. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act protects those between the ages of _____________.
a. 40 and 60
b. 40 and 70
c. 50 and 70
d. 50 and 80
19. The right to privacy with relation to the Internet is:
a. ethically covered, but not legally.
b. is legally covered, but not ethically.
c. is neither ethically nor legally covered.
d. is both legally and ethically covered.
20. ____________ property refers to land and to the buildings and additions on the land.
21. Money, stocks, bonds, and other financial securities are what type of property?
22. _____________ is significantly different from the other types of property because it can be
shared with others without losing any part of it oneself.
a. Intellectual property
b. Intangible property
c. Tangible property
d. Real property
23. Once revealed, _____________ are no longer legally protected.
a. trade secrets
d. none of the above
24. Patents filed after 1995 afford protection for a period of ____________ years from the date of
25. ____________ prevent others from using the same or a very similar type of symbol to represent
d. Trade secrets
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more