1. In work organizations, which one of the following nonverbal cues is most likely to be used to convey a sentiment of hostility to another?
A. Fidgeting or scratching
B. Giving someone a steady stare
C. Breaking off eye-contact
D. Raising the eyebrows and licking one’s lips
2. Every time Louise is being observed, she slows down her work pace. Louise’s behavior exemplifies a problem associated with
A. Machiavelli’s theory.
B. supervised experimentation.
C. the human relations approach.
D. scientific management.
3.You’re the kind of person who feels you can change a situation at work to your own advantage through innovation, persistence, and creativity. According to psychologist Julian Rotter, it’s most likely that you have a/an
A.external locus of control.
B.tendency to give in to group pressures.
C.internal locus of control.
D.tendency to think in terms of extrinsic rewards.
4. A/An _______ occurs when one person observes another person’s behavior and deduces or assumes the causes of it.
5. Studies of identical twins separated at birth seem to indicate that
A.heredity influences personality.
B.culture isn’t very significant in determining personality.
C.the environment is the predominant determining factor of one’s personality.
D.parents determine the personalities of their children even when the children,are adopted.
6. As a human resources director, you would most likely use _______ to assess responses and attitudes in a sensitivity training seminar.
A.the TAT C. personality inventories
B.sentence completion D. personality ratings
7. In which one of the following situations would an understanding of the principles of organizational behavior be most beneficial?
A.In a job interview
B.In searching out new jobs
C. In actually landing a job
D. After you get a job
8. Frederick Taylor took it for granted that worker pay increases greater than 60 percent would
A.encourage maximum productivity.
B.motivate only senior members of the workforce.
C.actually reduce worker productivity as they would become lazy.
D.cause workers to become defiant and difficult to manage.
9. Stereotypes are related to shortcuts in the same way that the halo effect is related to
C. implied associations.
D. explicit expectations.
10. _______ is related to blaming circumstances in the same way that the fundamental attribution error is related to blaming victims.
A.The self-serving bias
C. Perceptual distortion
D.The halo effect
11. Lawrence Kohlberg’s scheme for understanding the stages of moral development has been
A.backed by research in non-Western culture.
B.proven irrelevant for white-collar behavior.
C.refuted by research in non-Western cultures.
D.used to explain America’s declining work ethic.
12. Which of the following statements is most accurate with regard to personality ratings?
A.They include unclear adjectives as endpoints.
B.They require direct observations of a specific behavior.
C.They’re less subjective than situational tests.
D.They’re not useful for measuring abstract concepts like competitiveness.
13. You see one of your coworkers almost falling asleep at her desk. She’s a very popular girl so you assume her tiredness is because of late-night parties. In fact, she’s temporarily caring for an elderly aunt who keeps her awake most nights.Your incorrect assumption about her sleepiness is an example of
C. subliminal influences.
D. selective perception.
A.The contingency approach developed from scientific management.
B.The contingency and culture-quality approach replaced older approaches.
C.The culture-quality movement developed from scientific management.
D.The contingency and culture-quality approaches both developed from the human relations movement.
15. I want to make changes in my company that will increase worker productivity by improving overall attitudes about company values. Among the fields related to organizational behavior, I will be mainly concerned with
A. organizational theory.
B.human resource management.
C. organizational development.
D. human resources theory.
16. The phenomenon in which workers respond to changes in a work setting with improved performance simply because they know they’re being observed is called the
B.human relations approach.
C. culture-quality movement.
D. Hawthorne effect.
17. You take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and discover that you’re an INFP type who cares about learning, ideas, and independent projects. From this analysis you understand that the test also categorizes you as a/an
C. thinking person.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more