Hello Students! For this Week 3, we will be looking at the second of the five conditions that set the stage for a great team performance. This condition is a compelling direction. You will consider what makes for a compelling direction and who should set it. A compelling direction can energize, orient, and engage a team. It should be challenging, clear, and consequential. It should specify the ends but not the means. As you consider this week’s materials, you should think about work assignments you have been given and ponder whether or not you were given a compelling direction, or something less. How did it affect your enthusiasm about your work?
Week 3 Learning Materials:
1. Read course text book Part Two – Compelling Direction (pages 61-91) DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS BOOK, I HAVE T BUT CANT PROVIDE IT. SO USE THE REMAINING MATERIALS
2. Watch the short video embedded below and located at this link: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_ariely_what_makes_us_feel_good_about_our_work.html (20:26)
3. Read about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs as espoused in his 1943 article “A Theory of Human Motivation” at this web page: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_92.htm .
4. Read the following two article summaries about creating a shared vision for a team, company, or organization:
Link: http://hbr.org/1996/09/building-your-companys-vision/ – Building Your Company’s Vision
Link: http://hbr.org/2009/01/to-lead-create-a-shared-vision – To Lead, Create a Shared Vision
THE QUESTIONS ARE BELOW.
YOUR ANSWER FOR EACH SHOULD NOT BE LESS THAN 200 WORDS.
IN ALL, I EXPECT SOMETHING BETWEEN 700 TO 1000 WORDS.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE MATERIAL SO YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT TO WRITE.
THIS IS NOT A FREEEWRITING ASSIGNMENT. YOU NEEED TO SYNTHESISE THE LESSONS YOU LEARNED FROM THE MATERIALS I ATTACHED WITH YOUR ANSWERS.
1. Consider the following quote by Antoine de Saint-Exupery:
“If you want to build a ship, don’t herd people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
What does this quote mean to you? How might this inform your work as a leader? If you are curious about Antoine de Saint-Exupery, you can read about him at the following link: http://www.pbs.org/kcet/chasingthesun/innovators/aexupery.html
2. Consider the following scenario about Mick and the Boy Scouts. Fully discuss what you believe Mick did right and wrong in handling this situation. Describe in detail how you would handle it if you were given this project. Do you see how this scenario might apply to a workplace with adults? Explain fully.
Mick and the Boy Scouts.pdf (PLEASE FIND PDF ATTACHED TO THIS ASSIGNMENT BELOW)
3. Assume that you are leading a small work team within a government agency that has been assigned the following task: To write a detailed emergency plan for how your agency would continue operations in the event that it suffered a catastrophic loss of computing power due to a cyber-terror attack or a total loss of your computing facility and the existing back-up facility. This work requires detailed planning and sophisticated software programming that will take about a year for your team to complete. The likelihood of the plan ever being used is estimated to be about 2-3%. The work is expected to be difficult and tedious. What might you do to provide a compelling direction for your team, and to keep team members motivated for the duration of this project?
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more