MAT 540 Week 6 Midterm Exam
1. __________ is a technique for selecting numbers randomly from a probability distribution.
2. Monte Carlo is a technique for selecting numbers randomly from a probability distribution.
3. Analogue simulation replaces a physical system with an analogous physical system that is _____________ to manipulate.
4. Variable costs are independent of volume and remain constant. TRUE/FALSE
5. Regret is the difference between the payoff from the best decision and all other decision payoffs. TRUE/FALSE
6. The maximin criterion results in the
7. A payoff table is a means of organizing a decision situation, including the payoffs from different decisions given the various states of nature. TRUE/FALSE
8. In a weighted moving average, weights are assigned to most __________ data.
9. The maximin criterion results in the maximum of the minimum payoffs. TRUE/FALSE
10. A state of nature is an actual event that may occur in the future. TRUE/FALSE
11. Which of the following is not an alternative name for management science?
12. A _________ period of real time is represented by a __________ period of simulated time.
13. Simulation results will not equal analytical results unless ___________ trials of the simulation have been conducted to reach steady state.
14.The minimax regret criterion
15. Objective probabilities that can be stated prior to the occurrence of an event are
16. Which of the following is incorrect with respect to the use of models in decision making?
17. The steps of the scientific method are:
18. A seasonal pattern is an up-and-down repetitive movement within a trend occurring periodically. TRUE/FALSE
19. The maximax criterion results in the
20. ____________ techniques include uncertainty and assume that there can be more than one model solution.
21. The maximax criterion results in the maximum of the minimum payoffs. TRUE/FALSE
22. Regret is the difference between the payoff from the
23. A long period of real time is represented by a short period of simulated time. TRUE/FALSE
24 A trend is a gradual, long-term, up or down movement of demand. TRUE/FALSE
25. ____________ use management judgment, expertise, and opinion to make forecasts.
26. ____________ moving averages react more slowly to recent demand changes than do ____________ moving averages.
27. In computer mathematical simulation a system is replicated with a mathematical model that
28. Which of the following is an equation or an inequality that expresses a resource restriction in a mathematical model?
29. Analogue simulation replaces a physical system with an analogous physical system that is easier to manipulate.
30. An experiment is an activity that results in one of several possible outcomes.
31. Random numbers are equally likely to occur.
32. An example of forecasting is
33. The ______________ minimizes the maximum regret.
34. ____________ is an up-and-down repetitive movement in demand.
35. It’s often ____________ to validate that the results of a simulation truly replicate reality.
36. A short period of real time is represented by a long period of simulated time.
37. In computer mathematical simulation, a system is replicated with a mathematical model that is analyzed with the computer.
38. A cycle is an up-and-down repetitive movement in demand.
39. Profit is the difference between total revenue and total cost.
40. A model is a functional relationship and include:
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more