MAT 540 Week 9 Quiz 5:
1. In a _______ integer model, some solution values for decision variables are integer and others can be non-integer.
b. 0 – 1
d. all of the above
2. In a total integer model, some solution values for decision variables are integer and others can be non-integer. TRUE/FALSE
3. In a problem involving capital budgeting applications, the 0-1 variables designate the acceptance or rejection of the different projects. TRUE/FALSE
4. If a maximization linear programming problem consist of all less-than-or-equal-to constraints with all positive coefficients and the objective function consists of all positive objective function coefficients, then rounding down the linear programming optimal solution values of the decision variables will ______ result in a(n) _____ solution to the integer linear programming problem.
A) always, optimal
B) always, non-optimal
C) never, non-optimal
D) sometimes, optimal
E) never, optimal
5. The branch and bound method of solving linear integer programming problems is an enumeration method. TRUE/FALSE
6. In a mixed integer model, all decision variables have integer solution values.
7. For a maximization integer linear programming problem, feasible solution is ensured by rounding _______ non-integer solution values if all of the constraints are less-than -or equal- to type.
A) up and down
D) up or down
8. In a total integer model, all decision variables have integer solution values. TRUE/FALSE
9. The 3 types of integer programming models are total, 0 – 1, and mixed. TRUE/FALSE
10. The branch and bound method of solving linear integer programming problems is _______.
A) an integer method
B) a relaxation method
C) a graphical solution
D) an enumeration method
11. The linear programming relaxation contains the _______ and the original constraints of the integer programming problem, but drops all integer restrictions.
12. The branch and bound method can only be used for maximization integer programming problems. TRUE/FALSE
13. The solution value (Z) to the linear programming relaxation of a minimization problem will always be less than or equal to the optimal solution value (Z) of the integer programming minimization problem TRUE/FALSE
14. The implicit enumeration method
A) generates an optimal integer solution when no new constraints can be added to the relaxed linear programming model
B) eliminates obviously infeasible solutions and evaluates the remaining solutions to determine which one is optimal
C) is used to solve a mixed integer linear programming model
D) cannot be used to solve linear programming models with multiple infeasible solutions
15.Types of integer programming models are _____________.
B) 0 – 1
D) all of the above
16. In a 0 – 1 integer model, the solution values of the decision variables are 0 or 1.
17. Which of the following is not an integer linear programming problem?
A) pure integer
B) mixed integer
18. In a mixed integer model, some solution values for decision variables are integer and others can be non-integer. TRUE/FALSE
19. Rounding small values of decision variables to the nearest integer value causes _______ problems than rounding large values.
none of the above
20. In using rounding of a linear programming model to obtain an integer solution, the solution is ___________.
always optimal and feasible
sometimes optimal and feasible
never optimal and feasible
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more