1.Julie and some friends decided to take a trip around the Grand Canyon in Arizona and they traveled one-third of the distance by mule, 6 kilometers by boat, and one-half the distance by foot. How long was the trip.
2. Tim and Dustin are doing some community service. They are helping some of the elderly people in the neighborhood. If Tim can trim bushes in Ed’s yard in 5 hours, and Dustin could do the same job in 7 hours, how long would it take them working together to trim the bushes?
3. A student in algebra class needs 80% of all points on the tests to get a B. There are five 100 point tests and a 250 point final. The student’s test scores are 95, 87, 64, 72, and 81. What is the least score he can make on the final and still get a B?
4. On Saneomi’s trip to San Francisco he rented a car. The charge was $21 per day and 10 cents per mile. If he rented the car for 2 days, how far was it driven if the total bill came to $53.20?
5. Kaianoa talked to his brother in Honolulu the other day, and he said that the temperature was ranging between 77 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit. What is that range in degrees Celsius? (F=9/5 C+32)
6. Since the weather has been so good recently, Greg and his wife decided to go to the Clackamas River and rent a motorboat. They got there at 7 am and only had enough money to rent the boat for five hours. They were told that the boat would travel at 8 kilometers per hour upstream and 12 kilometers per hour returning. They wanted to go as far up the river as possible and still be back by noon. At what time would they need to turn back, and how far from the resort will they be at that time?
7. A car traveling at a speed of v miles per hour, the least number of feet d under the best possible conditions that is necessary to stop a car (including a reaction time) is given by the empirical formula d = 0.044v^2 + 1.1v. Estimate the speed of a car requiring 165 feet to stop after danger is realized.
8. Taro discovered one night that the area of a particular triangle is 2 ft^2, and its base is 3 feet longer than its height. What is the height and base of the triangle? (The formula for the area of a triangle is A = ½bh.)
9. Use the formula A = P(1 + r)2 to find the rate of interest necessary for $10,000 to grow to $12,321 in two years, if the interest is compounded annually.
10. As Concordia was planning the new Library, it was decided that we wanted a rectangular field that is twice as long as it is wide for the lawn in front of the building. Find the actual dimensions of the field if it has a total area of 5000 sq. yards.
11. In 1948 Professor Brown, a psychologist, trained a group of rats (in an experiment on motivation) to run down a narrow passage in a cage to receive food in a box. A harness was put on each rat and the harness was then connected to an overhead wire that was attached to a scale. In this way the rat could be placed at different distances (in centimeters) from the food and Professor Brown could then measure the pull (in grams) of the rat toward the food. It was found that a relation between motiation (pull) and position was given approximately by the equation p=-15d+70, 30 < d < 175.Graph this equation for the indicated values of d.
12. In biology there is an approximate rule, called the bioclimatic rule, for temperate climates. This rule states that in spring and early summer, periodic phenomena such as blossoming for a given species, appearance of certain insects, and ripening of fruit usually come about four days later for each 500 feet of altitude. Stated as a formula:
d = 4(h500)where d = change in days and h = change in altitude in feet. Graph the equation for 0< h < 4,000
13. If a certain amount of money, P called principal, is invested at 100r% interest
compounded annually, the amount of money A after t years is given by: A = P(1+r)t
Graph this equation for P = $10, r = .10 and 0t10, and explain in words what information you can learn from this graph.
14. The atmospheric pressure P, in pounds per square inch, can be calculated approximately using the formula: P = 14.7e-.21x where x is altitude relative to sea level in miles. Graph the equation for -1x5, and explain in words what information you can learn from this graph.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more