Problem 1. The May 31, 2012, balance per bank statement for
Upton Company was $7,200. The cash balance per books was $9,500. Outstanding
checks amounted to $800, and deposits in transit were $2,400. The bank
statement contained an NSF check for $500, a service charge for $25, and a
debit memo for direct payment of the telephone bill of $175.
1) Prepare a bank reconciliation to determine the true cash balance at May 31,
Problem 2. Scott Company is a merchandising business that was
started in 2012. Scott uses the perpetual inventory system. It experienced the
following events during 2012.
1. Acquired $25,000 cash by issuing common stock
2. Purchased inventory on account that cost $14,000, terms 2/10, n/30
3. Sold inventory that had cost $8,400 for $15,000 cash
4. Paid for the merchandise referred to in event 2, within the discount period
1) Record the events in the financial statements model below; include column
2) Prepare an income statement for 2012.
3) What is the amount of total assets at the end of 2012?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more