MGMT 312 M8 Review Question

Analysis of income effects of additional business Calla Company produces skateboards that sell for $50 per unit. The company currently has the capacity to produce 90,000 skateboards per year, but is selling 80,000 skateboards per year. Annual costs for 80,000 skateboards follow.A new retail store has offered to buy 10,000 of its skateboards for $45 per unit. The store is in a different market from Calla’s regular customers and it would not affect regular sales. A study of its costs in anticipation of this additional business reveals the following:? Direct materials and direct labor are 100% variable.? Thirty percent of overhead is fixed at any production level from 80,000 units to 90,000 units; the remaining 70% of annual overhead costs are  variable with respect to volume.? Selling expenses are 60% variable with respect to number of units sold, and the other 40% of selling expenses are fixed.? There will be an additional $2 per unit selling expense for this order.? Administrative expenses would increase by a $1,000 fixed amount.1. Prepare a three-column comparative income statement that reports the following:a. Annual income without the special order.b. Annual income from the special order.c. Combined annual income from normal business and the new business.2. Should Calla accept the order? What nonfinancial factors should Calla consider? Explain.3. Assume that the new customer wants to buy 15,000 units instead of 10,000 units. It will only buy 15,000 units or none and will not take a partial order. Without any computations, how does this change your answer to part 2?

Place your order
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more