Unit 5: Midterm Assignment
You will draft the first several sections of your research proposal. Set up your proposal in APA format with a Cover Page, a section designated for the Abstract* (which you will write for final proposal), as well as sections for Introduction, Background and Literature Review, Research Design, Sampling*, Data Collection*, and References. Check out this PowerPoint for formatting requirements.
Note: You will leave space for sections marked with an asterisk (*) in the Midterm and complete them for the Final Assignment.
Complete the following sections for Unit 5:
• Cover page: Follow APA formatting for the cover page, found on p. 515 of Rules for Writers
• Abstract: Create the heading and leave a blank section. You will complete this in the final proposal.
• Introduction: : Including a brief history of the problem, you present your problem statement, hypothesis, and identification of the independent and dependent variables in your study.
• Review of Literature: Summarize at least 4 relevant/related research projects, their usefulness, flaws, and strengths. This part of the proposal can be taken from your Review of Literature from Unit 3, Research Design: Give a description of your research design and a justification of why this particular design was chosen.
• Sampling: Create the heading and leave a blank section. You will complete this in the final proposal.
• Data Collection: Create the heading and leave a blank section. You will complete this in the final proposal.
• References: You must include correctly formatted APA in-text citations in the body of your paper, and a matching reference list in appropriate APA form.
Your paper should be 3 – 6 pages in length with a minimum at least 4 references in addition to the class text.
Unit 3:Review of Literature
Review and summarize the relevant prior research relating to your selected research topic (as determined in your Get Write! Activity in Unit 1). “POLICE CORRUPTION”
• Briefly summarize from at least 4 journal articles, government reports, or databases on your topic – be sure to identify the sources of your statistical data
• Summarize statistical data where appropriate
• Present the important information from each of the sources. (It is not a summary if you simply list what kind of information can be found in the article.)
• What did these data sources and/or information reveal to you? Be sure to support your findings. Use proper citations when necessary.
You will find RELATED information and statistics from your articles (authoritative sources), which you can present in your Literature Review. You may not find specific information EXACTLY on your topic. This is not a problem. Be sure to summarize and indicate the main elements of the studies and any related statistics, data, or mathematical contributions made regarding the topic.
In addition to researching your general topic, you may be able to use information (data, statistics, and etc.) from the following criminal justice sources:
Bureau of Justice Statistics: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/
Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics: http://www.albany.edu/sourcebook/
Federal Bureau of Investigation Uniform Crime Reports: http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm
Furthermore, you may find state-level data by typing the name of your state and the words crime statistics in quotes; for example, “Florida crime statistics.”
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more