Directions: Please show all of your work for each problem. If applicable, you may find Microsoft Word’s equation editor helpful in creating mathematical expressions in Word. There is a tutorial on using this equation editor in Module 1 Lecture Notes. You also have the option of hand writing your work and scanning it.
Is 12 a solution to the equation 7 – x = 5?
Is –9 a solution to the equation 9 – 8x = 81?
5. Solve. 8x + 2 = 7x
6. Solve. 7x – 0.96 = 6(x – 0.67)
7. Solve for x. 4x = –8
8. A company estimates that 5% of the parts they manufacture are defective. If 8 defective parts are found one week by the quality assurance testers, how many parts were manufactured that week?
9. Solve for x. 35 – 7x = 35
10. Solve for x. – 5 = 5
11. Solve for x. 4(x – 2) + 4x = 5x + 4
12. Solve for x. 7x – 3 + 3x = 10x – 3
13. Solve for x. –10x + 1 – 7x = –17x + 7
14. Solve the literal equation for y. x + 5y = 25
15. A rectangular solid has a base with length 5 cm and width 2 cm. If the volume of the solid is 100 cm3, find the height of the solid. [Hint: The volume of a rectangular solid is given by V = LWH.]
16. Translate the following statement into an algebraic equation. Let x represent the number. 1 less than 15 times a number is 9 times that same number.
17. The sum of three consecutive odd integers is 201. Find the integers.
18. At 9:00 a.m. a truck leaves the truck yard and travels west at a rate of 35 mi/hr. Two hours later, a second truck leaves along the same route, traveling at 70 mi/hr. When will the second truck catch up to the first?
19. The base of an isosceles triangle is 1 in. less than the length of one of the equal sides. If the perimeter of the triangle is 20 in., find the length of each of the sides.
20. Identify the amount in the statement “318 is 53% of 600.”
21. Elaine was charged $126 interest for 1 month on a $1800 credit card balance. What was the monthly interest rate?
22. A broach was marked up $150 from cost, which amounts to a 50% increase. Find the original cost of the broach.
23. Solve the solution set. 8x + 3 < 4x – 13
24. Solve the solution set. 5x + 12 > 10x – 8
25. An arithmetic student needs an average of 70 or more to receive credit for the course. She scored 76, 69, and 84 on the first three exams. Write a simplified inequality representing the score she must get on the last test to receive credit for the course.
26. The length of a rectangle is 2 in. more than twice its width. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 in., find the width of the rectangle.
27. Solve and check: 6x=4(x-5)
28. Solve 1/4x<=3/8
29. Solve 8x-7<=7x-5
30. Solve -5x>23.5
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more