Assignment 2: 21st Century Leadership
Due Week 8 and worth 300 points
The 20th and 21st centuries have produced many business leaders, such as corporate giants like Jack Welch of GE, Daymond John of FUBU, Steve Jobs of Apple, and Herb Kelleher of Southwest. In addition, many hip-hop moguls have risen to prominence, such as Sean Combs, aka P Diddy, of Bad Boy Records; Russell Simmons, founder of Def Jam; and Sean Carter, aka Jay Z, of Rock Nation.
Regardless of their business models and industries, organizational leaders are expected to create realistic visions for their companies and the people that they guide. However, such visions often result in vastly different leadership styles. Therefore, experts have concluded that there is no one best leadership style geared towards guiding employees and companies to accomplishing organizational goals.
Using the Internet and Strayer databases, research your favorite senior executive (CEO, CFO, COO, Director, President, Founder, etc.) from any organization that has made a strong impact on his or her industry (fashion, music, food, banking, technology, automotive, etc.).
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the overall leadership style(s) of your chosen senior executive.
2. Analyze the organizational structure and culture of the company your chosen executive has led, or is currently leading, and determine the company’s approach to human capital management and employee development. Next, explain whether or not you believe your chosen senior executive’s leadership approach has enhanced workplace productivity and the shared vision of the organization. Provide one to two (1-2) examples of your chosen senior executive’s actions to support your response.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of your selected leader’s performance, based on his or her ethical conduct and effective communication. Next, determine whether the chosen leader was successful in motivating and empowering his or her employees and gaining customer loyalty.
4. Determine three (3) best practices that other organizational leaders can use in order to motivate employees and transform their company, based on practices that you believe made your chosen leader successful at his or her company and within his or her industry. Support your rationale with an explanation of the potential benefits that other business leaders may reap from your chosen best practices.
5. Use at least five (5) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Explain the multiple aspects of the managerial planning process and the application of various business- and corporate-level strategies.
· Analyze the importance of ethical behavior to an organization’s culture and the new ethical dilemmas created by globalization.
· Determine viable organizational structures by addressing the key considerations in organizational structure, applying the process of division of labor, and adapting basic structural formats.
· Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and describe the fundamental considerations in managing and motivating individual and group behavior.
· Describe actions to improve communications, manage conflict, develop strong organizational culture, and improve the ethical behavior in organizations.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
· Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more