Exam: 500664RR – International Environmental Forces
1. The organization within the Japanese government deemed the most benign is the
A. Tariff and Taxation Bureau.
B. Fair Trade Commission.
C. Maritime Commission.
D. Justice Department.
2. When skilled workers migrate in search of professional and economic opportunities, it’s called
A. competitive labor.
B. brain drain.
C. market forces.
D. labor quality.
3. The two components of material culture are technology and
4. After Saudi Arabia, the country with the greatest heavy oil reserves is
5. A commitment to actions that meet present needs without compromising the ecological, social, and
economic needs of future generations characterizes
B. economic stability.
C. environmental sustainability.
6. Hiring and promoting employees on the basis of the specific local context in which the subsidiary
operates refers to a/an _______ orientation.
7. Generally, because of higher birth and fertility rates, developing countries have more _______
populations than industrial countries.
8. The initial step international business managers must take in learning to live with other cultures is to
A. visit the country.
B. make friends with natives of the country.
C. learn the language.
D. realize that other cultures exist and are different from their own.
9. Only the continent of _______ lacks inland waterways.
C. North America
D. South America
10. The International Energy Agency concluded in 2010 that
A. oil reserves would dry up by 2020.
B. oil demand must immediately drop worldwide by 10 percent.
C. sustainable energy development was not feasible.
D. a worldwide energy revolution based on low-carbon technologies is under way.
11. There are several criteria for segmenting markets. Which of the following are two criteria for
A. Unclassified and unfulfilled
B. Small and elusive
C. Diverse and accessible
D. Large and definable
12. The risk of punitive damages in product liability cases has caused
A. foreign companies to withhold potentially beneficial products from the U.S. market.
B. little change on research or new products.
C. consumers to demand that cases be heard by a judge rather than a jury.
D. U.S. companies to increase research to find safer products.
13. Only _______ percent of ICs have repatriation programs.
14. ICs pay _______ when the host-country taxes are higher than home-country taxes.
A. tax differentials
B. tax disincentives
C. housing allowances
15. Laws designed to prevent price fixing, market sharing, and business monopolies are called
A. fair trade regulations.
B. consensus policies.
C. antitrust laws.
D. purchasing power parity (PPP).
16. Market screening is derived from
A. environmental scanning.
B. current market trends.
C. global opportunities and threats.
D. local sociocultural forces.
17. As multinationals take a/an _______ view, we’re certain to see greater use of third-country nationals.
18. A/An _______ is a large exhibition where companies maintain booths to promote product sales.
A. trade fair
C. cost-benefit analysis
D. field trip
19. _______ is a category of renewable energy fuels based on photosynthesis.
C. Wind power
20. _______ can divide a small market into even smaller ones.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more