The Disease Models Resources
For this assignment, imagine you are a counselor working in a disease model treatment program. Select one of the case studies you were introduced to in the last unit. The person in your selected case study will represent the “client” who is seeking help from your program. Assignment Instructions Complete the following sections for this assignment:
• Introduction—In this section of the paper:
• Identify the client from the case study and briefly summarize the client’s demographic characteristics and addictive behavior history that are relevant to the disease models of addiction. This section sets the stage for the next sections.
• Applications of Disease Models—In this section:
• Apply your understanding of the disease models of addiction to your client. Do client demographics and history suggest that your client suffers from a disease of addiction? Based on your interpretation, what disease model treatment strategies might you recommend for this client?
• Sociocultural Factors and the Disease Models—Finally, in the last section:
• Describe how sociocultural factors (“medicalization” of addictions through diagnoses, medical treatment, pharmacotherapy, genetic influences, brain scans, and media portrayal of addictions) may affect the client’s perception of the problem and the addictive behavior.
• Describe factors that may contribute to the addictive behavior as well as factors that may be helpful in overcoming the addiction from the perspective of the disease models of addiction.
• Length: The paper should be 2–3 pages, excluding the title page and resources page.
• References: Throughout your paper, apply relevant research findings from scholarly literature using in-text citations to support your reasoning. Include references for each of your citations in a separate reference page at the end of your paper.
James is 28 years old and has never been married. admission to the
room from a beating received while trying to obtain crack, she has been referred to treatment.
DEMOGRAPHICS AND COMORBIDITY
28–year–old single Caucasian female, never married, chronic history of physical and sexual abuse by men, diagnosed with Post–Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Unemployed, lives in a poorly maintained government–subsidized housing project. Receives disability payments for mental health issues. Graduated high school with good grades but never pursued further education. No contact with parents or siblings, who live out of state. No religious affiliation.
Began drinking alcohol in high school with peers, alcohol use increased when abuse from boyfriends began, eventually tried crack cocaine and began a vicious cycle of crack use and further exploitation and abuse by men when under the influence or seeking drugs.
No previous treatment history for addictive behavior.
REASON FOR SEEKING TREATMENT
Ended up in emergency room of local hospital after being beaten and sexually abused when attempting to trade sex for crack. Referred to treatment by hospital social worker.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more