Project 1: Annotated Bibliography
For your final project in this you will be asked to trace a crime or criminal incident through the adult criminal course justice system, from initial arrest to eventual return to the community following incarceration. In the course of that project you will encounter numerous decision points or stages in the system. Project 1will assist you prepare for your final project by introducing you to topic research. You may then use the results of this project to support your final project paper.
Project 1 Assignment:
Using one of the possible topics listed below (see, Topics), you will prepare an annotated bibliography.
What is an Annotated Bibliography?
· A bibliography is a list of books, articles, and documents. (CCJS bibliographies must be written in the American Psychological Association (APA) format
· The annotation is a brief (usually about 150 words) paragraph that provides some descriptive and evaluative information about each book, article, etc. (See the four elements that are requied in your annotation narrative under item 5. below.)
1. Your Annotated Bibliography must contain four (4) outside (not instructional material for this course) sources, at least two of which must come from the UMUC Library data base.
2. Locate books, periodicals, and documents that may contain useful information and ideas on your topic. You may conduct your research with the assistance of a UMUC librarian, reviewing your own personal materials on the topic, using the Internet, visiting an actual library, etc. and review the available items. Then, choose those works that provide a variety of perspectives on your topic.
a. Note: You can connect to Library Services by using the Library link under Resources in the Classroom Task bar; or,
b. Link directly to the UMUC Library Guide to Criminal Justice Resources link in Content
3. Type the reference “citation” information for the book, article, or document using the American Psychological Association (APA) formatting standards. (There are links to APA format standards under Library Services.)
4. Each reference is to be followed by the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. Creating an annotated bibliography calls for a variety of intellectual skills: concise exposition, succinct analysis, and informed library research.
5. Write a concise annotation (150 words) for each reference that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book, article, or document. This must include one or more sentences that,
a) evaluates the authority or background of the author (Why should we be impressed with what they wrote?);
b) comments on the intended audience;
c) compares or contrasts the work with at lease one other article in your biography; and
d) explains how this work helped you better understand your bibliography topic.
NOTE: Annotations vs. Abstracts : Abstracts are the purely descriptive summaries often found at the beginning of scholarly journal articles or in periodical indexes. Annotations are descriptive and critical; they expose the author’s point of view, clarity and appropriateness of expression, and authority. Abstracts will not be accepted for this project.
Select ONE of the following topics for all four (4) of your resources.
(Note: Other topics may be submitted to your instructor for prior approval.)
· Each annotation should contain approximately 150 words.
· Double space, 12 pt. font, 1” margins
-Cover page for your assignment
· Include your name
· Course title and number
· Project title
· Topic selected
· Date of submission
Annotated Bibliography Support Resources:
www.iupui.edu/ (Search on Annotated Bibliography)
UMUC Citation tutorial:
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more