400 hours words
Religious Visit Essay
Visit a place of worship or a religious service event, one that is new to you, and report on it. In most cases, this will be a visit to a religious service. This is intended to be a descriptive or “phenomenological” account of the religious activity, neither laudatory nor critical. On this particular occasion, the purpose is just to observe carefully and empathetically in the way discussed in Chapter 1. It is also assumed that this report is to be based on first-hand observation, deliberately avoiding the use of secondary sources, so citations and bibliography are not necessarily needed. However, in some cases you may need to get a little background through prior reading, or through material available at the religious site, to understand better what you see. Interviews may also be helpful, as well as perusing the website for the group, if available. Afterwards, if you research for deeper understanding, that work is certainly welcome in your paper. To focus of this assignment is the “hands-on” experience
Most religious places welcome sincere students as visitors. Remember to be quiet, respectful, appreciative, and appropriately dressed. Inquiries beforehand are always helpful. Please follow these guidelines and discuss/present based on the following:
1. Field information. Give the full name, exact address, and religious affiliation of the group. (For example, don’t just say “a Buddhist temple”; be sure to specify the school or denomination, and the national background.) Give the exact date and time of the visit; give the name and type of service (if any) attended.
2. Preliminary placing information. Describe the outside and inside appearance of the building, the way visitors are greeted, and the sort of people in this group (that is, their apparent social class, lifestyle, ethnic background, gender, average age, number present, and so forth).
3. Description of activity or symbolism. If you attend a service or formal presentation on the religion, describe what happened from beginning to end. Try to give some sense of the emotional tone and subjective spiritual meaning of the scenario. (For example, was the opening dramatic or casual, is congregational participation emotional or reserved, and is much of the service spontaneous or ritualized?)
Finally, based on your observations and study of this religion in this class, your report should indicate the answers to the following questions:
1. What is the basic problem addressed by this religion and what causes that problem according to this religion?
2. What are the means; how does this religion attempt to solve this problem? How does it help a person move towards a transformation? What does one need to do?
3. Finally, what is sacred? What is the end or desired result?
So, be sure to (1) identity the problem, (2) identify the means, and (3) identify the end (the result of practicing this religion) recognizing that these are the three fundamental functions of most any religion.
NOTE: If you did not attend a regular service, discuss in detail the significance of the art, architecture, and symbolism in and around the site. Also, if you did NOT attend a regular service, then you should actually interview someone who is a practitioner of that religion so you can write a meaningful report.
This project is intended to be helpful, interesting, and informative. So enjoy the experience.
At 111papers.com, we value all our customers, and for that, always strive to ensure that we deliver the best top-quality content that we can. All the processes, from writing, formatting, editing, and submission is 100% original and detail-oriented. With us, you are, therefore, always guaranteed quality work by certified and experienced writing professionals. We take pride in the university homework help services that we provide our customers.
As the best homework help service in the world, 111 Papers ensures that all customers are completely satisfied with the finished product before disbursing payment. You are not obligated to pay for the final product if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the paper. We also provide a money-back guarantee if you don’t feel that your paper was written to your satisfaction. This guarantee is totally transparent and follows all the terms and conditions set by the company.Read more
All products that we deliver are guaranteed to be 100% original. We check for unoriginality on all orders delivered by our writers using the most advanced anti-plagiarism programs in the market. We, therefore, guarantee that all products that we submit to you are 100% original. We have a zero-tolerance policy for copied content. Thanks to our strict no plagiarized work rule, you can submit your homework to your professor without worrying.Read more
TThis is one of the most cherished courtesy services that we provide to help ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with our finished products. Delivering the best final product to our customers takes multiple inputs. 111papers.com prides itself on delivering the best university homework help services in the writing industry. And, in part, our free revision policy is how we do it. What’s more, all our revisions are 100% free without any strings attached.Read more
Client privacy is important to use. We know and understand just how important customers value their privacy and always want to safeguard their personal information. Thus, all the information that you share with us will always remain in safe custody. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party or sell your details to anyone. 111 Papers uses the most sophisticated, top-of-the-line security programs to ensure that our customers’ information is safe and secured.Read more
Placing your order with us means that you agree with the homework help service we provide. We, in turn, will endear to ensure that we do everything we can to deliver the most comprehensive finished product as per your requirements. We will also count on your cooperation to help us deliver on this mandate. Yes, we also need you to ensure that you have the highest-quality paper.Read more