The Illinois Central Corporation is preparing their Cash Budget fro the forthcoming calendar year. The following data has been prepared for cash receipts and payments:
January February March
Cash receipts $1,061,200 $1,182,400 $1,091,700Cash payments $984,500 $1,210,000 $1,075,000
The corporation cash balance January 1st is $290,000. Illinois Central Corporation’s desires minimum cash balance of $340,000 each month.
1. What is the amount of excess cash or deficiency of cash (after considering the minimum cash balance required) for February?
a. $109,100 deficiencyb. $10,900 excessc. $900 deficiencyd. $109,100 excesse. $10,900 deficiency
2. What is the amount of excess cash or deficiency of cash (after considering the minimum cash balance required) for March?
a. $214,200 excessb. $15,800 excessc. $ 60,00 deficiencyd. $25,300 excesse. $30,500 deficiency
3. The charter of the Kansas, Osage, and Oklahoma Corporation provides for the issuance of 100,000 shares of common stock. If the corporation originally issued 60,000 shares of common stock and 5,000 shares of common stock were subsequently reacquired, what is the amount of cash dividends to be paid if a $1 per share common stock dividend is declared?
a. $60,000b. $5,000c. $100,000d. $55,000e. $75,000
4. The Baltimore and Ohio Corporation maintains 6,000 shares of 5%, $100 par value, cumulative preferred stock and 50,000 shares of $1 par value common stock outstanding at the end of the calender year. What is the annual dividend on the preferred stock?
a. $50 per shareb. $30,000 in total c. $300 in totald. $.50 per share e. $3,000 in total
5. On April 1st, 2010, the Wabash Corporation purchased $50,000 of Chicago and Eastern Illinois Corporation’s 12% bonds at 100 plus accrued interest of $2,000. On June 30th, 2010, Wabash Corporation sold $40,000 of the bonds at 101 plus accrued interest.The journal entry to record the April 1st, 2010 purchase will include
a. a credit to Interest Payable for $2,000b. a debit to Investments-Chicago and Eastern Illinois Corporation for $52,000c. a credit to Cash for $50,000d. a debit to Investments-Chicago and Eastern Illinois Corporation for $50,000e. a credit to Unrealized Holding Gains and Losses-Equity for $2,000
6. Gulf Mobile, and Ohio Corporation’s current period Statement of Cash Flows includes the following:
Cash used in financing activities $97,000Cash balance at the beginning of the period 310,000Cash used in investing activities 43,000Cash provided by operating activities 185,000
The amount of the cash balance at the end of the period is
a. $45,000b. $635,000c. $355,000d. $125,000e. $325,000
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more