Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 5: Employee Compensation and Benefits
Due Week 10 and worth 250 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a narrative and a PowerPoint presentation. You must submit two (2) sections for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Note: For additional information on how to submit more than one file for an assignment, follow the instructions in the document “How to Submit Multiple Files for an Assignment”, located here.
Imagine that you have just been hired by a new company as the director of the HR department. You have been tasked to hire a new secretary for the department and to develop an employee compensation and benefits package that will be used for that position upon hire. Develop a PowerPoint presentation to present this information to your Vice President. Go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) Website, located at www.bls.gov, for information regarding organizations and pay in your geographical area.
Section 1: Narrative
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Section 2: Presentation
Create a twenty (20) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
4. Provide an overview of the employee compensation and benefits package that you developed in the narrative portion of this assignment.
5. Determine if the employee will be exempt or nonexempt and discuss how overtime will be handled.
6. Suggest other benefits that might be considered within the next few months to enhance employee performance and provide job motivation.
7. Provide information on how government regulations will influence the compensation.
8. Examine data from two (2) organizations listed in the BLS Website with packages similar to yours, focusing on salary, compensation, and benefits in order to convince upper management that your package should be accepted and implemented.
9. Describe how the competitive compensation and benefits package will align with the HRM strategy.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: